Love Will Thaw

Hiccup could feel the temperature dropping drastically. He had to find Elsa. Where could she be? As he was sprinting through the hallway, he tripped and fell over something . Rubbing his shoulder , hiccup looked around and saw icicles sticking out of the walls dangerously. "Elsa..." he whispered as he clambered to his feet and bolted forward. He reached a turning where he heard two people mumbling. He was in no mood to fight these guards and time was running out. He dropped a zippleback smoke pellet into the hallway as the guards started coughing and shouting as they fumbled around. As silently as he could, hiccup sneaked up behind them , grabbed their heads and bashed them together. They both crumbled to the floor,unconcious , as he walked over them. " Sorry" he whispered as he turned his head to the room they were guarding.

He felt the freezing wind blow his hair as he scanned the room. There were two iron cuffs lying on the floor, frozen and in pieces and and large gaping hole had broken the cell wall and ice fractals covered the ceiling. Elsa had to have been here , he sighed in relief . She wasn't in immediate trouble. He ran outside and looked around. The intensity of the blizzard was making it hard for him to see anything. He put his fingers to his freezing lips and whistled for toothless. A few moments later, he heard a shrill cry as his big black friend landed next to him. Clambering on, he unlocked toothless's locked gliding tail wing set up as he clicked his prosthetic leg into the shaft. "Ok bud !" He yelled at toothless who shot upwards and whizzed around and above the fjord. "Whoa. Slow down bud. We need to find Elsa. " The task was even more difficult even though toothless reduced his speed to a slow glide, because of the rough blizzard that was surrounding them .The strong winds made it harder for his dragon to fly straight as well. He squinted his eyes to reduce the cold air that was stinging his them . His hair whipped back on his face and hiccup wouldn't have been surprised, he thought , if he found out that his hair had frozen solid.

He could faintly hear male voice cry out something that faintly sounded like 'Anna! ' to hiccup from down below. Then, all of a sudden, the blizzard vanished to nothingness. "What? "Hiccup mumbled as toothless flapped around , stationary, as confused as he was.The air around them seemed to have frozen solid. The snow particles, to hiccup's slight surprised, hovered in mid air. He looked down and saw a blonde male sprinting south. Kristoff was bolting towards the east. Hiccup wheeled toothless around and saw anna there, her hair snowy white ,as she moved , inch by inch towards a sprinting kristoff. His gaze shifted as he heard the noise of of a sword being drawn and anna turned her head as well. His eyes widened in fear as his heart started racing. There was Hans, with his sword poised up in the air, ready to strike, as he crept up to a kneeling elsa who had her back turned to him. She had her head in her hands as she seemed to be crying. " Go toothless! Now!" He yelled as toothless dived down, like a speeding arrow towards hans. Anna also turned her back towards kristoff, who stood there aghast, uncertain of what to do. A few seconds before impact, hiccup pulled back toothless and as the dragon came to a sudden halt, apparently confused as to what hiccup's intentions were, hiccup leapt forward from the dragon's back as anna, freezing solid yelled "NOOO!" as she came between Hans's blade and elsa. Hiccup caught hans just in time before he struck anna . His and Hans's bodies collided as he bashed him out of the way. Hans , due to the impact, dropped his sword and hit his head , hard , on the frozen fjord and was knocked out. Hiccup stared at hans unmoving body for a second, seething with anger and gasping for air , before he heard Elsa cry from behind him. Turning around, his eyes widened in shock at what they were seeing.

Elsa was weeping loudly as she hugged a frozen Anna. Anna had completely frozen solid. He skin, her hair, her clothes, everything. She had rushed in , the same as hiccup , to stop hans from hurting elsa. She had one hand raised to block Hans's sword. She had chosen to save Elsa instead of saving herself. Hiccup's eyes darted, in sorrow to Kristoff and Sven who were standing there , a few feet away, looking just as shocked and sad as he was. "Anna?" Olaf whispered as he approached them. Hiccup looked down in sorrow and for the first time, he saw the snowman's eyes swell up in tears. Toothless landed next to him and he put an arm around his loyal friend as the dragon whimpered softly. Elsa looked up at hiccup with swollen , bloodshot eyes and she ran into his shoulder and cried into it. "A-Anna's gone..." she cried. Hiccup glanced at anna as he comforted elsa and something caught his eye. The ice seemed to be evaporating slowly, inch by inch , from her body. It took a moment for him to realise that Anna's body was actually thawing by itself. He prodded Olaf, who was staring at the ground, wiping his tears. Looking up at hiccup , olaf followed his gaze and his eyes widened in happiness and he let out an audible gasp. Elsa looked at Olaf as toothless cooed happily. Confused, Elsa turned around to anna and her face lit up with joy as she saw her sister standing there, completely thawed and smiling at her. She ran forward and hugged Anna. " Oh Anna!" She breathed happily. " You sacrificed yourself for me? " she asked anna, as they looked at each other. Anna nodded and smiled at hiccup .He grinned back as she said to elsa" I love you!". Olaf, who was all smiling again , covered his mouth and and gasped " an act of true Love will thaw a frozen heart!" And as the snowman looked up happily at Hiccup and kristoff happily, hiccup had an epiphany and now he knew what grandpabbie had meant. Elsa thought deeply for a moment and repeated "Love will thaw...."