The Snow Queen

Looking up to see the source of the voice , his eyes dilated in awe and his breathing stopped. Elsa stood there atop a flight of stairs staring at him with her big beautiful eyes. But this was not the same elsa he knew from the ball. She looked completely different. Her platinum blonde hair was no longer all uptight in a bun and it was let down by a single braid that fell to her chest bone. She seemed to be wearing some kind of long flowing dress with a translucent Cape that shimmered brightly and looked like it was made entirely out of ice crystals. Her pale complexion complemented the icy blue dress. . " Wh-Wow! Elsa you look beaut-- you look different....It's a good different....." he stammered. " See I told you the same thing. !" Anna Piped up as she grasped hiccups arm and shook him excitedly and turned to face elsa. She smiled . He almost melted in that smile. " Thank you.... " she said from above ( hiccup and anna were still standing at the bottom the stairs. Eyeing him, she blushed as she said. " And you look more handsome than I remember." Hiccup realized that he was not wearing the same suit from the ball and he was in his dragon rider gear which made him look more buff than he actually was. " Uhhh. Yeah. Thank you..." he stuttered. Anna giggled at both of them. Olaf, feeling left out, chimed in cheerfully " Hi , I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs!" . Elsa looked surprised as she asked the snowman apprehensively " .....Olaf?" . " You built me. .... remember that?" He asked her with his hand clasped together in the front like a little child that was caught doing mischief. " and you're alive? " she asked him as she glanced at her palms. " Yeah ..I think so....." Olaf responded, a little unsure of himself. Anna grabbed Hiccup's arm as she said lovingly to Elsa ." Elsa ,we both love you. We were so close when were little. We can be like that again.... you can be close to him again....." she nodded at hiccup. Momentarily, Elsa smiled before a look of utter shock and fear crossed her face. To hiccup's heartbreak, she replied " No. Anna I can't . I can't hurt any more people. Goodbye anna. " she looked at Hiccup with misty eyes and mumbled, her voice cracking. " Goodbye Hiccup . Elsa turned away.Not giving up so easily, anna started climbing up the stairs. "Elsa wait!" . " No anna, I'm just trying to protect you!" . Anna looked at Hiccup helplessly and then continued on as he nodded at her to kept going forward. " You don't have to protect us , we're not afraid. Please don't shut me out again. Please don't slam the door. You don't have to keep your distance anymore. .." she pleaded. Her voice started to grow more distant as she and elsa moved further up the stairs. Olaf tried to follow them but Hiccup held him back and shook his head. Understanding the gravity of the situation, the snowman stepped back as kristoff came up behind him. " I could hear raised voices from outside . What happened?" He asked hiccup. " I think Elsa is more afraid of hurting us all than we are of her powers...." he mumbled. Understanding , kristoff looked up , slightly concerned. " will anna be okay? " he asked. Hiccup nodded. He could distantly hear anna sing to her sister. " for the first time in forever, I finally understand. For the first time in forever, we can fix this hand and hand, we could head down this mountain together! You don't have to live in fear! For the first time in forever. .... We will be right here......" then Anna's figure vanished from view behind an ice pillar above. " I hope anna knows what she's doing...." Kristoff whispered apprehensively. If only anna knew how much kristoff liked her, hiccup thought, feeling sorry for the iceman. But she was hell-bent on marrying that prince hans fellow. Then his thoughts shifted to Elsa. She looked stunningly beautiful in her new appearance . And yet she looked slightly frightened as well. He wanted to hug her, hold her, comfort her and it took every inch of his will power to stop himself. Suddenly, he felt the temperature drop drastically. He looked at kristoff and he had felt it too. He noticed that snow had started to fall inside the ice palace. A few seconds later he heard elsa shriek " I CAN'T!!!!!!!".

Fearing the worst, hiccup sprinted up the stairs behind kristoff who was leaping up the stairs. Olaf waddled up behind them. As they reached the landing, he saw anna kneeling on the floor clutching her chest."ANNA!" Kristoff screamed as he ran forward , sliding to her , concerned. Hiccup looked, shocked, from Anna to Elsa. Elsa's eyes flitted fearfully to hiccup and she pleaded silently to him. He wanted to hug her and comfort her but a tiny pang of uncertainty had poked him and he didn't like it.. "Are you okay?" He heard kristoff ask . " I'm okay. " Anna answered him weakly. She was clearly feeling the effect of what ever elsa had done to her. Mustering up her strength , she looked from hiccup to Elsa and said more loudly. " I'm fine!" . " Wait. ...who is this?" Elsa asked hiccup , clearly confused as to who this blonde stranger was. She shook her head as hiccup stayed silent. She pleaded to anna. " Please . You can't stay here anna. " . As she said these words, hiccup and kristoff noticed that the ice walls around them were changing to a light red hue and small cracks were forming in them." Anna,hiccup,I think we should go..." Kristoff whispered . Anna disagreed. " No." She looked from hiccup to Elsa . " I know we'll figure this out together". Elsa argued " How? What power do you have to stop this winter? " she looked helplessly at hiccup when she cried" to stop me? " the cracks on the walls increased in size and depth. "C'mon hiccup, help me out here." Kristoff pleaded to him. " we're not leaving without you Elsa!" Anna continued and hiccup nodded silently. " Yes! You are!" Elsa wailed, before she flicked her wrist. A small cloud formed in front of hiccup and the other two and Olaf as , to their shock , a huge, ten foot tall ice monster materialised . Elsa vanished from view behind it.