*Chapter 23

Jodi's Pov

Pathetic. Weak. Sad. Annoyed. Angry. All the things I felt about my self right now as I walked home in the rain, crying.

Unsurprisingly Layla had made friends with the 'popular kids', I was used to being alone and such but I didn't think she would just start to ignore me like how she does. I hoped she would say no to being there friend, but now it's like she is a completely different person.

I tried talking to her today just to ask if she was walking home, but after I asked her and she told me no, her friends came and beat me up. It fucking hurt and I know I am bruised, but the thing that hurts most is that Layla could just ignore this and let it happen. Granted, I hadn't told her about what was happening, but it was pretty obvious and most people with common sense in my school, which surprisingly is quite a few, had noticed what was going on. But, still no one had spoken up about what was happening and I was left to fend for myself once again. Just my luck...

I got 'home' and fell straight into Layla's mums arms. "It's okay, your home now sweetie." She said in a soothing voice. I cried on her shoulder before she held me at arms length away and wiped my tears. "Why don't you go and write your letter, then we can get in our pj's and watch a film?" She said, I nodded and headed upstairs to do my letter, giving up on wiping my eyes and letting the tears roll freely.

I had stopped talking to people a while ago and just shut myself out, most people didn't mind but Layla's mum seemed to understand, like she had dealt with it before or something. She knew that I wasn't going to speak and accepted that, but she urged me to keep going even with the simplest things, like watching a movie.

I got up stairs and changed into some comfy clothes before reading my letter.

It read:

To Jodi,

Did you have a movie night yet? If you did then what did you watch? I'm pretty sure you like movie nights so I'm going to assume you enjoyed it if you had one.

I Think the album is being released in roughly 2-3 months but I'm not totally sure, it might come out later or earlier at this rate. All I know besides that is that Europe is on our 2nd leg of the tour, or at least that's how we want to do it, but its honestly not our choice.

Jaime does understand more then everyone else, and he gives me space as well. I am so glad that I have them for support.

I suppose that the fact you have never really had a proper caring mum makes a difference, but I'm sure she will understand if you explain that to her, she seems nice enough to accept you.

I wish I could just come and make everything okay for you! Your such a strong person and you should be proud of yourself that you haven't let them get to you yet. If they for try and take Layla away, then there are two options in my opinion. The first is that you can tell Layla what they want to do and get you both pulled out of school and enrolled in online or home school classes. Or the other option is to let it happen. I mean think about it, not seeing Layla at school would be something that would upset you, but you live with her, and you have school holidays, weekends and pretty much every other time outside of school to be her friend and not be afraid of getting beat up like that. It's your choice but please, please don't put your self in danger, I would hate to know that you are hurt again because your such a good friend.

You don't have to go to a care home if you don't want to, it's your choice at the end of the day and personally, I don't think it's the right choice.

We are all glad we know you, your such a cool person and your not a complete fangirl or someone that just wants to get in our pants, you actually normal!

If you really are scared of going back to school then you should talk to someone, but I think that if you stay out of their way and try to leave them alone then it should be okay. If they do try anything then don't hesitate to tell someone, all they will do is help and if they don't believe you then I won't hesitate to call them and give them a piece of my mind. I hated school for the same reasons, also because I was terrible at half the subjects, but I understand.

CALL ME! ((But please don't give anyone my number...) here it is-

(378) 400-1234 ((I Made this number up pls don't call it I have no idea who's it is))

I can't wait to speak over phone! We can have proper conversations and not have to wait for letters.

Talk soon,

From Tony.🐢

•End Of Letter•

After reading the letter and getting some paper out, I realised something. I have a phone...

I quickly got my phone out and googled what time it was in San Diego. Hmm, we are 8 hours ahead in England, and it's 7pm now.... So it's about 11am for them. Good enough time.

I dales the phone number in my phone, taking extra care so I didn't mess it up and hoping the number would work seeing as they are American.

The phone rang, and rang, and ran. I almost gave up but on the 4th ring, I heard it stop. Someone picked up!

"Hello?" A groggy voice asked from the other line. I didn't know what to say, I was talking to the pen pal I had been writing to for over half a year and someone from my favourite band, it was like a dream come true. "Hello?" Tony asked again. I built up the courage and decided to say something.

"Hello..... It's Jodi."

I think I'm gonna start a sequel now, seeing as they aren't writing to each other any more and they are calling each other.

I hoped you like the book, I will post a chapter about the next book soon, please vote and comment and shit because honestly not many people read this and I'd like more people to.

Thanks for reading, bye :D