Chapter 15

Jodi's pov finally

It had been a total of 4 and a half weeks since the 'incident'. I hadn't been in school, I cried almost everyday but someone was always with me, I was great full for that, even if I do miss my own time sometimes.

I had a rape kit done at the hospital whilst Layla's mom waited for me, thankfully I wasn't pregnant but I was extremely sad at the moment. Layla had to go back to school after a week of staying with me, only cracking one smile out of me when she had a massive laughing fit at an innuendo she noticed on Spongebob. Admittedly it was quite funny, but my mind was always on something else.

I hadn't sent my letter to Tony yet, but I really wanted to. Even if it was just giving it to the office to Send it. But I didn't have the will to do anything at the minute and i didn't know when that feeling was going to leave me.

Today was Wednesday, I was at home with Layla, she had called in sick and spent the day with me, I was trying to be happy. Trying to get over the elephant in the room that was constantly staring at me, making me feel self conscious and weak. Unable to shift the feeling and thoughts that had progressed from the back of my head into the front and where slowly controlling me into insanity.

But I was trying to take control. I knew it would be hard but hey, everything is hard at first. You might say that eating with a knife and fork is easy, but it was hard for everyone at some point. Riding a bike, it's hard at first. There are so many ways of putting it and that's what my mind was set on. Getting better. Even thought I knew it would be hard, and i would need a lot of help, I would achieve it at some point and I knew it.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

We where watching tv, trying to find a channel. Layla seemed bored and frankly I was as well, but it was a god distraction.

This was the first time I spoke in nearly 5 weeks...

"Hey Layla?" I asked, she turned her head towards me and smiled, like she always would. "Yeah?" She replied, facing the tv again, I could tell she was listening though. Her face had be some much less casual and much more concentrated on my voice, at the same time and flicking through channels on the TV.

"Well, in my school we did a pen pal project where you write to someone who has inspired you, famous or not. And I still have my pen pal, I haven't written to him in over a month though and I have a letter I'd like to send to him." I started, she was listening more now, the conversation topic clearly interesting her. "Can we go up to my school and ask reception to send it, also if I have received any?" I asked, she nodded and smiled, "I'd love to! I need to do something other then watch TV any ways." She said, smiling and starting to get up.

We both got changed and I had a shower seeing as we had both been cooped up inside all day and I hadn't had a shower in a few days at least. Then we set off.

Soon enough we arrived at the school, everyone was in lessons at the moment and wouldn't be out for another 40 minutes at least, which was nice for me seeing as i really didn't want to deal with crappy people as well as a crappy 'situation' on my mind all the time.

We walked into the office and the lady looked up at me. "Ahhh, Jodi!" She said, Layla looked at me funny before I smiled back slightly, trying not to let the sadness and tiredness show. "Hello Mrs Had." I said back. "You have some mail Jodi, since being out of school you pen pal seems to have been quite worried." She said. I looked down at the letters she had scattered across the table, there where 4 in total. "Ahh, thanks. I thought he would have stopped seeing as I've had so much time off." I said, "thank you though. I'm starting school next week as well, just so you know." I added on, just to let her know so that she could inform my teachers. They had all been told that i had some family issues in a remote part of Wales, and that i needed the time off to resolve them. Of course, i had to plead Layla's mum not to tell them what actually happened, because she was set on that being the 'best thing', but i didn't agree at all.