Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12

Coming to terms that he wasn't leaving just yet, Ithaca slowly pulled away from Cadel. She did how ever notice that he was in his natural color. "I thought you would vanish." She sniffled, "I'm not complaining though but I just don't understand." She added.

"I do not know. But I am sure there is a reason behind it." Lord Cadel told her as he gently pulled away. He looked around as he listen for anything out in the hall, but there was nothing.

He had prepared himself on not seeing his Princess again but now that he somehow manages to stay, he did not want to leave her. But yet concern did come over as he finely got the chance to look of Ithaca.

She was covered in blood from the wounds that was caused from the battle. Looking over the bridge of her nose where the curse had had his fun while she was laying on the stone floor. The cut was very deep but it will heal in several weeks as it will also leave her a scar.

Taking off Ithaca's chain armor, Lord Cadel also raised up her shirt so that he could take a better look at her cuts. There was only one that was a bit deeper then the others but it should only leave a faint scar that will fade if any.

Knowing that Ithaca's would live in spite of her wounds she suffered, Lord Cadel pulled her to him as he gave her another kiss.

As he pulled away he noticed that there was sadness in her eyes, "What is wrong my love?" there was worry in his tone as he caressed her cheek. Leaning into his touch her tone was even filled with sadness as she answered, "If you didn't leave when I killed or broke the curse. Then my friends are still stone. And they will stay like that forever."

Holding her close as she cried he mentioned, "We can go see." Pushing away just enough that she could look up at him, she repeated, "Go see them. Do you know where they are?"

Nodding, he laced his fingers with her as he led her out of the Great Hall. She had noticed that the halls were cleared. No shattered stone, no statues, not even a follower or enemy warrior. There was nothing, not a trace.

Lord Cade led Ithaca through the hall to the spiral staircase that was on the opposite side of the hall. Leading her down to the dungeon, Ithaca tried to prepare herself for the worst.

As they reached the bottom they Ithaca saw Rosalind chained up with one hand handcuffed up against the wall. Stacy was lying on the ground next to her, both of them where back to normal.

"Stacy! Rosalind!" Ithaca cried as she hurried over to them. "Ithaca is that you?" Rosalind sounded tired like she had just woken up from a deep sleep. "Yes. It's me. Are you alright?" Nodding slowly, Ithaca then asked, "What happened? How did you get chained up?"

With her mind still fogy, Rosalind had to think about. She looked up at her hand that was cuffed to the wall for a few seconds before it came to her, "Stacy and I were playing around but when we heard a scary moan she jumped and ended up locking it."

Rosalind paused as she was trying to remember everything, "I don't remember what really happen after that." "We'll get you out. Just set tight." Ithaca assured her as she looked over the cuffs.

Looking at the cuffs, Ithaca wasn't sure how she was going to get them off. "Do you know if there are any keys around here?" She asked looking over at Lord Cadel. He shook his head, "I am sorry, I do not but you do not need keys. You are an enchantress remember. Just concentrate and feel your powers to unlock it."

Giving Lord Cadel a strange look, Ithaca had done what he had suggested. She focused on the cuff, concentrating hard as she was trying to will it to unlock in her mind. Within a few seconds, her mind cleared as she felt her powers working, then she heard the cuff open.