Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

Before Lord Cadel stood up, he reached over and grabbed Excalimear's holster and handed it over to Ithaca. After putting her sword into its holster she placed Excalimear between her body and belt.

Since the meeting was over, Lord Cadel laced his fingers with hers as he escorted Ithaca back to the Den. She could see that he had changed, not just back to his stone gray color but he was more protective as he held her a little closer and tighter as he constantly looking around as he took the lead.

"You will need more protect now that the enemy knows you are here to break the curse. Ermont is going to gather more guards that he trust that did not go to the meeting and I will do the same as they will be in your room.

As for me, I must rest. I have a bad feeling that we will not get much rest and me being in my natural color, I need as much as I can get. I have not heard the curse in a very long time. It is up to something."

Making their way up the Foyer stairs tour the Den Ithaca felt the erg to rub and lean on Cadel's arm but had to fight hard to restrain herself from doing it.

Reaching the top of the first floor and making their way rounded the foyer balcony Ithaca didn't see nothing as she manage to trip over something and landed on her back. Lord Cadel tried to catch her but ended up falling on top of her instead.

Raising up onto his elbows he looked into her eyes to see if there was any pain that she might had caused her when he fell on top. "Are you alright your highness?" he asked when he didn't see any.

Seeing her laughing he felt relieved, "A bit clumsy I see." he teased as he smiled down at her. Looking into his eyes, she couldn't hold back any longer as she rose up and took his lips with hers.

Surprised at first, Cadel quickly recovered as he started kissing her back. He has wanted to kiss her like this for so long. As he was lost in the moment he had deepen their kiss as he laid his body down onto hers.

Ithaca's head was spinning with raw passion as the feel of his weight, his heat, and the way he was kissing her. She tried to take in as much as she could of him as her hands roamed his back she let out a faint moan of pleasure.

Hearing Ithaca moan, reality came back to Lord Cadel. He pulled away quickly before got off of her. As he was getting up, he snapped, "What the blood hell. Do you think this is some sort of game?

Do you not remember what had happened in the meeting room? They now know who you are and what you look like so they will be coming after you to kill you so they can continue living on forever."

Looking up at him surprised then anger replaced it as she snapped back, "I know damn well what is going on. Even though I only had a very short time to understand all this. And an even shorter time to get myself ready. So, yes. I do remember how can I not."

A few tears had escaped as Ithaca laid her head down on the cold stone floor. "Two of my friends are turned to stone and another is missing." She said as she started to get up. Lord Cadel offered his hand but she slapped it away.

"So don't tell me that I don't know what the hell is going on, I know all to well. I also know how important it is to defeat this curse that I have no idea how only that my sword Excalimear will kill it."

Dusting herself off she picked up Excalimear and stormed pasted him. He wanted to say something but before he could she turned and quickly stated, "Who are you more mad at? Me for kissing you or at yourself for kissing me back with more passion."