Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

The food was wonderful as they couldn't eat another bite. Heading back tours the Den, Angela wondered, "May I go to the library. I understand that it is safer in the Den but I'm tired of doing nothing. At least if I could find a book to read it would keep me busy." Ithaca agreed, "It would be better if she did have something to do."

Seeing that there is no way out, Lord Cadel gave in as he had the room checked out for enemy knights since it would have been easy to get in do to they were in the dining room. When it was clear, Lord Cadel told Reyna to stay out in the hall while Lady Gwen stays with Angela but when she finds a book, she must go back to the Den.

Knowing that it was time to leave, she gave Angela a hug, "Be safe." She whispered, "You too." She hugged back then added, "Don't do anything you would regret later." Not knowing what was said, Lord Cadel could only imagine as Ithaca's face had turned red yet again.

Chuckling to himself, he reached for her hand again as he led her back down to the ground floor, through the kitchen and into the secret hall and up to their training room.

"What did Squire Brain have to say?" Ithaca asked as they walked up the hidden spiral staircase. "I give you my word that I will tell you some other time. Right now we must train."

Ithaca knew that he was hiding something, she had a feeling on what it was but trusted him enough that she would wait for him to tell her.

"This time I want to teach you combat with the sword. It will be a mix between using your body as well as your sword. For starters..." He moved in with his sword high so when she went up to block him, he pushed her with his shoulder. Then came with a kick to her stomach but didn't hit her.

"Before we start, I want you to put on this." He told her as he went over to one of the tables and grabbed something. When he handed it to her, Ithaca realized that it was a chain armor top.

Putting it on, it was just a bit big but it will work. It hangs just below Ithaca's waist and it goes down her arms and stops just above her elbows. Then he handed her some leather guards for her opened arms then a cloth shirt that went over the chain armor. With it on, she truly felt like a knight.

Once she was ready, Lord Cadel started off slow as he worked with the swords first, then he asked for her to work in some counter moves. Needless he was right, her mind wasn't there as he had blocked every move she made and manage to hits her.

Frustrated, he said with a hint of it in his tone, "You must concentrate. If you get yourself kill fighting the evil curse all is lost and your friends will never return home." Lord Cadel reminded her, "I knew but it is hard right now. I am worried about my friends."

Understanding that it is hard on her, Lord Cadel told her, "Squire Brain told me that they had found the two women but not your..." his voice trailed off.

Ithaca lit up, "Really, where are they, why didn't they take them back to the Den?" Then it hit her on what he thought Jaimie was to her. Smiling, she assured him, "Jaimie is just a friend, nothing more."

Feeling a bit better that this Jaimie guy was just a friend. He still had to tell her the painful part about her two other friends.

So taking in a deep breath Lord Cadel was about to tell her but didn't get the chance as she could read his face and also knew that something wasn't right. "What's wrong? What happen?" She now had a hit of panic in her tone.

Running his fingers through his hair, he huffed, "They found them in the dungeon. They were both turned into a statue." Ithaca's mouth dropped as the tears fell, "What? How? When?" then she was pissed. Anger flared in her eyes when she said, "Why are you telling me this now?"