Chapter 93: Ariella

Chapter 93 Ariella

"Oh, look at you! You're all ready and I missed it!" Queen Michelle pouted slightly as she walked into the living room. Her blond hair hung loosely down her back, floating over the bright green dress. She walked forward, laughter filling her eyes.

I glanced over and gave Mother a small smile as I watched her fight the urge to laugh. Yesterday, she, my friends, and my sisters had all agreed to get me ready for the day before Queen Michelle had arrived, so she couldn't take over like we all knew she loved to do. Each of them, my friends and sisters -who all wore the same light blue dress- fought back their laughter as the queen came forward and hugged my tightly.

"They put you up to this, didn't they? Not wanting me to be involved to help my god-daughter to prepare for her wedding? Oh, how horrid can you be?" While her voice fluctuated and sounded exasperated, there was a mischievous glint in her eyes as she turned to stare at the rest of them. "Well, we still have an hour before the ceremony and there's nothing that needs to be done here!"

"We thought we might just spend time together." Mother smiled brightly, her shoulders shaking slightly as she laughed.

A small yip below me caught my attention and I glanced down at Pika, who stared up me, his small tail wagging slightly. I didn't blame him for staring at me, I wish I could stare at myself. The white gown hugged me tightly around the middle while the blue, the same shade of blue was in the cloth that rose over my chest and down my arms, the cuffs around my wrists clinging tightly. The crocheted patterns danced from beneath my chest and down to my waist, narrowing to a single point before disappearing for a small spot and the lines reappeared around my knee, expanding slowly before being intercepted by a large, light blue sash that waved across the bottom. The elegance that the dress possessed was breathtaking and a part of me could not believe that I was wearing it, or that I was getting married.

Turning away from the others and walking towards the window, my eyes gazed out at the morning sky, the small white clouds dotting the blue world above. It had been two weeks sense the fiasco with Marah and Hern. Two weeks since the troupe attempted to avenge their fallen leader and ended up falling as well. Alexander had told me that they went to their camp and could find nothing, not even a child. Mother and I had talked privately, believing that the children were left in a village or another city of Powered People. As she said, we're not the only city out there, we're just the capital. A part of me wondered if, perhaps, there was another Healer out there. And, if they were, where? A part of me hoped that I wasn't the only one, that there really was another. A Healer hiding amongst the fighters.

"Ariella?" Isabella whispered, the light, blue of her dress, the same shade as mine, glinting in the corner of my eye as I turned to glance over at her and she smiled at me. "Not getting afraid, are we?"

"About?" I stared at her blankly, confused at what she meant, my mind slowly slipping its way back to our reality.

"The marriage, silly." She giggled as she stepped forward, slipping her arm around me and turning to look at the window, her cane resting against her leg.

"I'm not scared, I was just thinking about something else." I told her and she glanced at me curiously.

"Well, it's a good thing you're not scared." Laughter echoed in my ears as I turned to Thomas, Dimitri, and Robert walking in, each of them smiling as Robert's eyes flashed red for a moment.

"You were listening in on us!" Shanae shouted, a giant smile on her face as the boys shrugged. "What if we were saying stuff you shouldn't be hearing?"

"Well, we wouldn't have been coming in." Dimitri snorted softly.

"Plus, if that was the case, Robert would have flushed as red as a tomato." Thomas laughed loudly as he jumped back, dodging Robert's arm as it swung around, aimed for Thomas's head.