A New Chapter Begins

Start from the beginning

"I'm afraid so, Assistant, I wouldn't have moved you from Kirigakure to Konoha if I didn't intend to use your skills. I'd like you to contact all the councilmembers and hold a meeting tomorrow evening, if possible we'll appoint Hanasaku as the new leader of our village as fast as possible. Some serious political balance shifting is about to take place and we have no luxury to be picky or to wait until Dorimi or Shibari reach the appropriate level of strength." The councilman rubbed his tired eyes continuously, he then stood up and moved to the door, leaving the room in a hurry. Assistant just appeared right beside him as if he had moved in an instant.

"Are you quite sure about your decision, Sir? You are aware of the technical level of Hanasaku-sama's letter?"

The councilman nodded "Yes, I know that Chestnut probably doesn't even know how to cipher the letter, she most likely gave it for her students to properly cipher, that's why it has several mistakes and was so tough to decode. Those kids had grown quite strong and competent having to put up with that woman's silliness."

Assistant's shadowy figure disappeared in a turn of a corridor, the councilman knew that the man would do his job. He'd be damned if the Assistant was not the best lapdog to bark orders at. An order from Kirigakure, custom bred and trained to follow orders and be the perfect assistants, that Kirigakure loyal elitist culture of their central districts really spoiled themselves but that trip to the Mist and the enormous pay to keep the Assistant around was worth it just for one of those guys all by itself... As the door leading the councilman to the outside of the Administration building opened up the man looked at the red sky and the departing signs of the setting Sun.

"The day we all have been afraid of, the day no one thought was possible had come... Chestnut Hanasaku will be in charge of us all, the era of the Star of Hope is over. Truly the end of days must be upon us. Still, we need a leader to call our shots for some parts of Kirigakure's autonomy, we need to establish connections, gain valuable intelligence on the village's deepest secrets. For that opportunity even handing HER the hat is worth the potential gain... I hope." The councilman pondered to himself thinking if he had just doomed everyone or just did the only reasonable thing to do.

*****

A large foot of a middle-aged man was set on the Land of Fire soil. Konohagakure was just about one day of traveling away. Since the man did not intend to sleep the night but keep moving instead he'll be reaching it by early tomorrow morning. The man had been waiting for this trip for quite some time, recently he was spending a lot of time in various countries and so it had been a while since he visited his country of origin. The man's dark brown eyebrow raised curiously as he observed the newly built pathways and new erected vendors selling snacks and some emergency supplies any traveler might need having just crossed the country borders.

His presence without a doubt had been picked up by the ninja surveilling the area. His iconic monk outfit, his powerful build, and status as a legendary ninja made even the newbies recognize the man instantly. Upon picking up as much as a sight of the man's intricate and youthful bald head and his rock hard muscles the ninja would've dashed back to the village to the best of their ability. The man's eyes closed and the area around his eyes dyed in purple, he sensed so many youthful chakra, burning vibrantly, firing up in excitement and moving around like rabbits being disturbed by a passing of a bear.

In his youth, and even now it'd be only a matter of time for him to catch up to those younglings. He may not have exactly felt like in his prime and he had abandoned the life of a ninja, that is to say, the life of fighting, violence, and murder, but Guru Ayushi still felt like he could keep up with the young ones. It was true that the current generation has bred some amazing ninja, just one sniff of Kaguya Yaban's chakra or that of Samaya Imasu of Kumogakure and even the peaceful Guru remembered the youthful days of excitement when faced against an overwhelming opponent on a battlefield. Finally, the ninja monk's eyes had opened back up and all supernatural signs around them disappeared just as mysteriously as they've appeared.