Truth

I hated when Nik kept me in the dark about things. Unfortunately, he was doing that really often lately. At the moment, I was about six months pregnant and we were moving out of the plantation into the compound. A minor victory meant that Nik could return to what he considered to be his rightful home. I sat on top of our bed while I watched Nik painting something a few feet away from me.

"You have something on your mind." I mumbled softly, making my finace turn his attention away from his canvas and towards me.

"What makes you think that?" He placed the paintbrush down and wiped his hands off with a towel.

"You always paint when you've got something on your mind. Haven't you ever noticed that?"

He rolled his eyes playfully and walked towards me. He kissed he softly while his hands slid towards my hips. Almost instantly, mutual hands found their way to his hair ad my newly vulnerable body was pulled closer towards his flawless one. A small pout found it's way to my face once he pulled away and he chuckled.

"I've got to step out for a moment." He told me while he pulled his black leather jacket on, making me groan over dramatically since he had been spending more time away from me that usual, "Don't worry. You won't be alone. Elijah is here to keep you company and I expect that Marcel will be around in a few hours asking for me."

"A few hours? How long are you going to be gone?"

"Oh, y'know. Just a few hours. Maybe a day. I'll definitely see you tomorrow. If anything, I'll at least be back before that appointment you have to get those cool ultrasound pictures."

"Nik!"

"Don't get so aggravated. It's not good for the baby."

"It's probably also not very good for the baby if I kill her father because he's neglecting me and hiding things from me."

"I read somewhere that women who feeling neglected in a relationship is like the number one cause for women committing adultry."

"Yeah, well, it's definitely possible." I mumbled while I crossed my arms over my chest even though we both knew that I would never do that and everyone would be too scared of Nik to touch me that way.

"When you find another man who can afford you and keep up with that lovely attitude of yours, let me know. I'd love to meet the lucky bastard." He said in a sarcastic tone before pecking my lips again, "I'll keep in touch so you know I'm okay."

"Thank you."

"I love you."

"I love you more, Nik." I kissed him again and he left almost the second that my lips were no longer on his.

I sighed just a bit and I hung out around the house. I was still getting used to everything and there really wasn't much to do. The plantation was cozier and felt more like a home. I wasn't sure how happy and comfortable I'd be here. At least at the plantation I had a decent Wi-Fi connection. While I was walking around and trying to find a place where my found would get a signal, I bumped into Elijah and smiled softly.