Chapter 20

Author's note:

Guys, guess what? I am going to complete this book today.

I had the bulky book of business management open before me and was seriously preparing for the upcoming exams. I heard some unfamiliar voice call my name. I turned towards the source of the voice and found it to be a classmate of mine. I raised my eyebrows, silently asking him what he called me for. He gestured back that he had called siddarth, who was sitting beside me.

After the another classmate too called siddarth by my name, I found myself asking siddarth in an angry tone.
"Do you like me or something?"

"What?", he laughed and questioned back.

"Why are your friends calling you by my name?", I asked with the same fury.

He looked shocked and then amused,"What's my name?"

"Oh Sid, why are you quoting 'Sheila ki jawaani' now?", I asked frustrated.

"No Abi, seriously say my name.", he said.

"Okay. Your name is siddarth", I replied.

"And?", he asked again.

"And what? The last time I checked, you only had one name.", I answered.

"But a lenghty one. My full name is Siddarth Abimanyu and my close friends call me Abi.", he said smirking.

That explained why he turned around in the corridor when Yami called my name the day before. I started blushing profusely,"Oh, Sid. I am so sorry. Please forget this even happened. Oh my god", I continued blabbering.
"But that might me true", Siddarth words stopped my blabbering.

"That part about my crush on you. I might even dramatically kneel before you know, with a ring and ask for your hand in marriage.", he said, breaking down into giggles.

"Stop joking", I hit him playfully, before leaving the classroom and heading to the library.

"Hey Abi", I heard Viji's familiar voice. He must have come out of the class right after me.

"Hi Viji", I greeted him and waited for him to catch up with me.

"So, you like Siddarth?", Viji asked.

"Oh Viji...! Not you too. He is a friend, for God's sake.", I replied.

"So you like anyone else?", he asked and I looked at him puzzled.

"When did you enter into this matchmaking job?", I asked.

"Stop joking, Abi. You have to move on from that heart break you faced.", he seemed worried.

"Trust me Viji, I have moved on", I lied.

"He is getting engaged to her, in a month or two after the college gets over", he said in a low tone.

"Well, I am happy for them ", I lied unsure of how long I will have to take like this.