chapter 4

P.O.V Abi
It took ten minutes after the class started for Viji and the mysterious idiot to come. They were joking and laughing like they were friends from birth. But once they entered the class Viji sat in the bench behind mine and the chocolate boy went to his trademark last bench.

Midway through the lecture, Viji whispered to me," Do you want to know what his name is?". I was really curious to know. But how could I let it show?

"Do I have a choice?” I raised my eyebrows.

“His name is Abijeet, you know.” Viji squealed. Great! Yet another reason for my idiotic friends to make up stories about my non existing crush on him.

To my surprise, Viji no further irritated me with his stupid love ideologies. He didn't even pester me to react to the chocolate boy's name revelation.

"He is looking at you. He keeps on looking at you." Words which Yami said this morning unnecessarily came to my mind. 'Was he looking at me in the morning? Is he looking at me now?' I decided to clarify my doubt immediately.

I turned to look at him. No, he was not at all looking anywhere near me. Strangely, I felt a little disappointed. I followed his sight to learn where he was looking so intensely at. I felt a little relieved that he was not looking at some hot chick. He was staring at an empty space. He was physically present in the class, but was mentally absent.

“The more I try to learn about him to clear my confusions and doubts, he gets more and more mysterious.", I thought and looked at his face in an attempt to read his thoughts. Trust me, I am very good at doing this. As I turned, he caught my gaze, and almost quite spontaneously a smirk formed on his lips. He raised his eyebrows at me. He caught me staring at him! I wasn't, but he would obviously think I was. This day couldn't get any more perfect.
"Enough embarrassment for today!", I decided and forced myself to turn my gaze away from him.

                                                                           ..............................................
It just took some pleading and pleasing words to our hostel warden to yield the same room for Yami and me. After the college, when we entered the room, we realized we had a lot to do......room to be cleaned, curtains to be hanged, things to me arranged etcetera.

Once we finished all the chores, it was night. A fully exhausted Yamini mumbled in between her series of yawn," I am really sleepy Abi. Good nig...” Before even finishing the sentence, the poor girl drifted off to sleep.

I went to my desk and opened the note which said 'letters to god' in its very first page. Yeah, I am too lazy to maintain a diary or a journal, but I had been maintaining this note from my tenth grade. Even when I could not be called a religious person, I maintain this notebook where I write the day to day activities, confess for my mistakes and so on. This gave me immense relief and sometimes even hope!

Once I completed writing that day's events I read it again I usually do. To my surprise, all the events revolved around one person.....guess who? The chocolate boy!

"The guy is highly mysterious
  everything about him is strange
  I hope I am just curious
  And all I did was just for revenge!”

I completed my entry and slammed my note close.

I sighed and went to sleep praying that I should not dream about him!

Author’s note:

Hi readers.

I really couldn’t fix a cast for Abijeet.. I always end up more confused than before when I try to find a cat for him. Imagine him to be the guy of your choice. If you want me to declare someone as abijeet, comment your suggestion

If you like my work, you know what to do. What else, vote, comment and follow.