He noticed elsa' s face sadden as she didn't answer him immediately. "I....I don't really have anything much to say. I grew up in a castle and barely venture out." . " You've never been outside of the castle? " he asked slightly taken aback.

" Not that much . I guess I wasn't bothered about life outside the castle. " he could tell she was lying. " There isn't much to see out there."

" That's not true Elsa. The world is full of wonders and you discover new ones everyday." He said gently , his face all serious. Elsa stared at him. " And would you like to show them to me?"

His eyes widened in surprise as he was caught off guard. He hadn't prepared for this. With a jolt he realised that they had been calling each other on first name basis for the past few minutes. He couldn't get over how beautiful she looked in the pale moonlight. Her platinum blonde hair and azure blue eyes were shining like ice crystals in the moonlight. He couldn't believe something so pretty existed.His heart pounding hard in his chest, both of them slowly leaned forward. He could basically count the freckles on her face as she slowly closed her eyes. Their lips were only a few inches from each other.

"YOUR MAJESTY!" A male voice called out from somewhere.With a jolt , both of them back- pedaled and stared at each other, shocked at what they had almost done.
"QUEEN ELSA! " the voice called out again. Standing up, Elsa called back "Over here Kai!" And she turned and stared at hiccups face. A few moments later, the chubby Butler came hobbling in panting . " I was told that......what is Prince Haddock doing here with you? " he questioned her, having noticed hiccup who was still seated on the bench. " I was merely showing him around the palace. He seems to be fascinated by it. " He glanced at Elsa. How was she able to regain her composure so quickly? " very good ,Prince Haddock." Kai nodded at hiccup. " Your sister requires your presence at the ballroom. She has some urgent matter she wishes to discuss." He concluded as he bowed once more and left.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, hiccup heard her speak. " I ...Better be getting back to the party. Feel free to explore the rest of the palace , should you please. Now if you'll excuse me. " Elsa turned and started walking back up to the party . Hiccup sood there thinking. Mabye he could Escort he back to the ball .He didn't want to be without Elsa for the rest of the night. Mabye something could become of the night. After what had just happened. It was a possibility,He thought.

Jogging up, he called after her. "Queen Elsa!" She turned around "Yes? " Hiccup began to rub the back of his neck as he spoke. He had dropped all royal pretense as he spoke. " would you....uh. like me to Escort you back to the ball?" To his delight ,she obliged. "Thank you " she said as she smiled softly. He smiled stupidly as she wrapped her arm in his and they walked back to the ballroom.

Having made it back to the ballroom. Hiccup shuddered as he thought what the kingdom would have thought of him if Kai had come a little later and found him snogging their queen. He couldn't believe himself. He was Berk's representative here and was giving a bad impression of his people .

"Uh... Queen Elsa?" He whispered nervously. The queen turned to him with a soft smile. "Yes Prince Hiccup? " she asked. He gulped as he brought up the subject. " Listen I.... "he sighed. This was going to be difficult. " I would like to formally apologize for the event in the gardens.....and ...For everything else. " She gave him a small smile. "It's quite alright. I should be the one apologising. I was acting childish and lead you on. . But. Thank you." She added.

He nodded. " Don't be so hard on yourself, my queen. You are not childish. You are a smart, beautiful woman. You are going to make a great queen. " She smiled silently. " Did you just call me beautiful? " she asked. Grinning widely, he said "I suppose I just did. " ,scratching his neck. " it is a fact is it not?" He smiled at her. " I guess so.. My sister also seems to think the same. As a matter of fact, she said I'm beautifuller. " she added giggling.
He raised an eyebrow. " as a viking, I may be considered the most uncivilised in the room but...I don't think beautifuller is an actual word." She nodded, still smiling. " well. My sister lives by her own rules ...even in the field of grammar." Her face lit up. " You have to meet her! I have a strong feeling you both will get along greatly."

As they chatted, hiccup noticed the princess with the starberry blonde hair shuffle up to them, dragging a man along on her arm.
"Elsa! ....I mean .. my queen. So glad you could make it. ... may I present Prince Hans of the Southern Isles" she said, gesturing towards the newcomer. He was of Hiccup's height, though older than him. He had auburn hair that fell neatly into place and framed his face along with the sideburns that extended to the beginning of his jawline.He wore a white and gold Suit that clearly outshone Hiccups own blue one.
Noticing Hiccup next to Elsa, Princess Anna smiled widely at him and she started" And who is this dashing man , my queen" Elsa, who seemed to have momentarily forgotten Hiccups presence in the heat of the moment turned around and introduced him. " Anna, this is Prince Haddock III Of Berk. And This is my sister Anna." She finished, nodding at her sister.
"Ooh we must get to know one another!." She turned back to Elsa. " um. Elsa? We would like..." she and Hans started giggling awkwardly mid sentence. " your blessing..." they both chorused." .....Our marriage!"
Elsa, confused, said. " marriage? I'm sorry. I'm confused. " she said as hiccup chorused her in his mind. " well we haven't worked out the details ourselves. We'll need soup roast and ice cream of course-- " anna continued, not noticing hiccup and Elsa's confusion. "We'll need a few days to plan the wedding... wait" she turned to hans" will we live here? " . "Here? "Elsa asked .Hans nodded " aabssoulutely " . Anna turned to Elsa and jumped with joy and continued " oh we can invite all twelve of your brothers to stay with us!" Hiccup felt a little amused by the situation. " Is it just me or does this feel rushed to you?" He whispered before he received a glare from Elsa. "Hiccup this is a lifetime commitment here . My sister may have rushed into this. " she replied. Turning back she addressed her sister. " Anna. Slow down. No one's brothers are staying here. No one is getting married." She stated.
" Wait, what?" Anna replied ,slightly hurt. Elsa said apprehensively " can I please talk to you....alone. " hiccup could feel her getting tense.
" No." Anna replied. She took Hans's arm and said . " whatever you have to say. You can say it to the both of us." Hiccup started feeling slightly uncomfortable about the situation .

" Anna. You can't marry a man you just met. " she said firmly.
" you can if it's true love." Anna retorted. Elsa sighed. " Anna, what do you know about true love? " Elsa asked anna as if she was talking to a child which the latter didn't take so lightly. " wuh. More than you! All you know is how to shut people out. And you're such a hypocrite! Jumping at the first man who looks dreamy to you !" She started raising her voice. Hiccup didn't like the feeling of being dragged into the argument. He turned to glance at elsa and saw her misty eyes look up at him. She turned to anna and replied. " you asked for my blessing but my answer is no.... Now, if you'll excuse me." She folded her arms into a defensive position as if trying to hide something. " your majesty .... If I may ease your--" hans began only for elsa to cut him off. " No . You may not... and I think you should go. " she turned and hiccup saw that she was fighting back tears. " you too, Prince Haddock.". Hiccup's heart crashed. She turned and walked. " The party is over. Close the gates. " she mumbled to a guard. Anna, desperate now, frantically reached out and grabbed Elsa's hand, her glove slipping off. " ELSA PLEASE! I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS ANYMORE! " she cried. Elsa , controlling herself and trying to hide her tears looked at anna helplessly and whispered " then leave!". She turned her head, sighed and started walking away. Hiccup had to hold himself back from running and comforting her. Grief stricken and shocked, Anna started raising her voice" WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU ? " controlling herself, elsa mumbled through clenched teeth " Enough anna....." not backing down, anna continued , not caring that everyone was looking at them. "NO. WHY? WHY DO YOU SHUT ME OUT? WHY DO YOU SHUT THE WORLD OUT? WHAT- ARE- YOU-SO-AFRAID-OF!?" she bellowed. Elsa began to shake and shouted back. " I SAID. . ENOUGH!!!" . As she shouted, huge chunks of ice crystals shot out of her palm and onto the floor, almost striking Anna had it not been for hiccup who , just in the nick of time pulled anna back by the shoulders. Out of the corner of his eyes, hiccup saw hans's shocked expression and an old, short , weasly looking man with a moustache whisper audibly " SORCERY....I knew there was something dubious going on here."He turned to see Elsa's beautiful face contract with fear as her fearful eyes flitted from Anna to hiccup to everyone around. She crept back slowly , felt around for the door knob and shoved it open and with one last glance at the room, turned and ran out of the room.