Prologue: Roots 1

This chapter is very long so it will be broken up into two separate parts.

I will post them both the same day.

Fenty Home

The silent tapping of her striking gold strappy Steve Madden heels clicked against her mahogany floors. The sun was beginning to set and honestly, Robyn was beginning to get nervous. She ran her hands over the red lace torso section of her dress nervously. The thick jersey material at the bottom on her dress slit up to her left thigh, revealing her long, toned leg. It was sexy, yet very tasteful for her age.

Only the best for General Fenty's little girl.

Excitement filled her stomach as headlights flashed in the drive way. He was here! The obsidian colored 1967 Impala pealed into the drive way.

Robyn was crazy about that car. Everything about it was perfect, even its age. She was sure it had taken Matt months to convince his father to let him take his "baby" to Homecoming.

"Robyn! Are you ready? There's a nice looking young man here to see you." Robyn's mother Monica called up the stairs.

Robyn sauntered over to the mirror, taking one last look at herself to make sure her makeup looked right and she didn't look like she was trying too hard before heading down the stairs.

Matthew Kemp was truly a vision in black if she had ever laid her eyes on one. His tux was tailored to his agile body. But the smile plastered over his clean cut face took her breath away.

"Damn girl, I mean shit, fuck, goddammit-" Matt struggled to grab control of his language in front of his ravishing in red date and her intimidating father, brooding off to the side of the door. "What I mean is you look great Robz."

"Give him a break Daddy." Robyn cooed as she stepped down the last few stairs. Knowing her father, Matt had been given the full review of the consequences if any harm came to her whatsoever. "You look good too Matt."

General Fenty scanned Matt's face, following his eyes everywhere they went. This boy was new to him. Matt had been around Robyn for a while, but he had never once set foot in their home. While General Fenty wasn't too fond of all of Robyn's friends, he knew them and he knew what to expect from them. Between Melissa, Chris, Mijo, and Michael there were already too many trouble makers.

This new boy seemed nice enough and neither he nor his parents had records of any kind. The only trouble was the flack Robyn had been getting for dating a boy from her rival school.

Granby High School had a very unique rivalry with Maury High School. Robyn had met Matt at a basketball game between the two schools. Of course, Robyn had been there to cheer on her friends Michael and Chris to a Granby Comets victory. Matt was there to support his school.

Both Matt and Robyn raced onto the court after a fight ensued between Chris and player from the Maury Commodores. Soon the entire student section for both teams were on the court in a headed brawl, resulting in a few injuries and a lot of suspensions- one of them being Chris's.

During the brawl, Matt punched one of his fellow classmates in attempt to stop them from hitting Robyn from behind. Robyn turned around to see Matt with his fists in a fighting stance and punched him before breaking up a fight with Chris.

The adults and police soon broke up the game, but Robyn waited around for Chris instead of heading home. That was when she heard the laughing and mocking coming from behind her. A few of Matt's friends were laughing at him for the shiny new black eye he earned from the statuesque woman just ahead of him. Listening more, Robyn began to feel awful and eventually apologized to Matt that night. He assured her everything was fine as long as she would agree to a date with him. It had taken Robyn until the middle of summer to finally accept the date.