Chapter 16

Hey you guys can follow my Instagram @/rowanxedits (if you want) lol.
New chapter!!
Also the Shadowhunters trailer came out and I'm so freaking excited even though i liked the old cast from City Of Bones better but whatever.
Sorry it took so long to update, I'm flooded with school work. iM sORRY xoxo

-

R. I. L. E. Y.

I sit in my dads classroom before anyone has arrived. I got here extra early to just avoid Lucas. I don't regret what i said to him, after all he did deserve it. What does he want from me? I remember him asking me that and I told him to go to hell. Good times.

I tap my pencil impatiently on the table making an annoying sound. I'm only impatient to leave. The more time away from Lucas, the better.

I tap louder and louder not even looking at my pencil, just as the clock. Coming earlier was definitely a bad idea but a smart one, knowing i did not want to see Lucas.

"Geez Riley. That pencil's going to break if you keep tapping it on the damn table." I hear a cunning voice say. I look up from the clock and realise that I probably had resting bitch face for minutes.

"Happy to see you too." He smirks and sits in the seat next to me. I smile innocently, trying to fight back the furious urge to slap him.

"Lucas, i have you know that it's never really good to see you." I say without hesitation. We're now on speaking terms, except we're being mean to each other. Like i said, old time.

"Seriously? Back to this again?" He sighs and i keep tapping my pencil louder and faster just to annoy the crap out of him. I'm hilarious.

"Can you please cut it out." He asks gritting his teeth from annoyance. I start doing the whole puppy dog eyes thing. "Oh, whatever are you talking about?" I ask as innocently as possible.

"I thought you didn't like being called a princess, let alone being one." He says, calming down. "I only like being one when I'm pissing you off." I smile and he rolls his eyes. I don't know why I'm having so much fun.

+++

After class i head to my locker. I need to get the rest of my books for next period. I see something that catches my eye.

Maya. Maya's talking to Missy. The school's bitch, i hate her obviously. I decide to listen to the conversation, incase Missy's eaten bitch flakes for breakfast with extra flavour.

I make sure to not look but to listen carefully, in case Missy starts something with me.

"If it isn't one of Riley's side-kicks. The looks of you would seem like you're a peasant. I thought the friend of Riley Matthews who's dating the hottest guy in school would have standards." She snarls at Maya. The only thing Maya does is roll her eyes. I grit my teeth.

I walk up to them and do the first thing pops up in my mind. I grab Missy's shoulders and shove her, but only a little. Unfortunately for Missy, she's a weakling so she stumbled back and nearly tripped over.

"She does have standards. Which is why you're done talking to her." I hiss at her. Now once again I've made a conundrum. Just peachy. Eyes were widening at me as Missy grimaces at me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She says trying her hardest to look tough. I let out a humourless laugh. "I'm protecting my friend from a certain skank that won't shut the fuck up." I give her a hard look till she finally gives up and walks away. That was easy.

I turn to Maya as everybody's eyes averted. They seemed to love the show. "You know Riles, I didn't need protecting." Maya protests with a smirk smeared on her face.

"I know, i just needed some fun." I smile with pride. She let's out a little laugh and we head to our next class.

-

I sit at a table at lunch alone since I'm waiting for Maya and Farkle. I play with my food, not really hungry i guess. Which is weird because i love food.

"Why do you like him? He'll never like you back." Missy comes and whispers a snarky comment in my ear. I look at her and raise an eyebrow.

"Why do you breathe? You're going to die anyways." I hiss and once again she lets out a defeated squeal as she struts away. Hilarious.

"Nice one, Riles." Maya says, sitting across from me and sitting next to Farkle who also arrived. I feel really weird since Maya always sits next to me. Unusual's the word.

"Riley, how come you and Lucas hardly talked today?" Asks Farkle as he takes a bite out of his apple. I gulp and shrug my shoulders casually.

"Do i have to talk to him, let alone full on socialise with him?" I groan and they both let out a laugh.

"Riley, that's kind of the point of being a fake couple," Maya says and quietens down on 'fake couple'. "We want you guys to get along and at least be friends." Farkle finishes for her and i sigh.

"Yeah, whatever I'll talk to him." I say and look down at my food. Farkle and Maya exchange looks for a moment a speak to me again.

"I thought you guys were on good terms?" Maya says and i forgot all about the getting to know Lucas lie. I shrug my shoulders yet again.

"Since when?" I act clueless on purpose, hoping she won't notice. "Since you guys hung out without us for more than 2 weeks." Farkle indicates and i press my lips together in a thin line.

"We were just hanging out that's all. I still think he's a narcissistic asshole." I say and before i could smirk from my nasty yet entertaining comments, Lucas comes and sits next to me.

"Who's a narcissistic asshole?" He asks as he takes a bite of his apple. I gulp and don't answer. "Yeah Riley, who's a narcissistic asshole?" Maya asks while Farkle lets out a laugh.

"You." I simply state to Lucas. He rolls his eyes and doesn't seem to care but I know he does.

"Yeah, yeah. In your eyes I'm a monster." He states. I press my lips together. The thing is that I don't think he's a monster.

"Not all monsters do monstrous things." I attempt to make him feel better.

"See Riley, you're learning how to be nice quickly." Maya wiggles her eyebrows. I roll my eyes.

"Fine. I'm sorry for whatever I did." I say to Lucas as fast as possible. He lightly chuckles.

"All forgiven, Ray of sunshine." He simply says and I sigh.

Why do I have an urge in my chest to talk to Lucas alone?

--

So basically this was just a filler chapter because I don't know what to write.

Maybe I'll get some ideas later but we'll see.

Was not proof read btw