Chapter 13

R. I. L. E. Y.

The rest of the week was a blur. Me and Lucas had to play boyfriend & girlfriend all through out the week. We haven't even talked about what happened on Monday. Was he lying to me? Joking? I don't know. But what i do know is that my emotions are mixed up. Confused, angered and...flattered.

I would ask to hang out with Maya but she's always hanging out with Josh. Besides I couldn't tell her about this problem. Farkle's been with Smackle and I couldn't tell him about this problem either.

I sigh and bite my lip down. I need to talk to him. I need answers. What does he like about me? He's Mr. perfect, the good guy, scholar athlete and amazing friend. What does he want with me? He's lying. I know he is.

Just a few weeks ago we were hating each other and now he tells me has a crush on me? It doesn't add up. It makes no sense. He's...him. And I'm just me. Plain old me.

After about 5 minutes of debating whether I should or shouldn't talk to him, I declared that i will talk to him. It may be awkward but i need answers now. I get out my phone and start texting Lucas.

R: Hey
He replied quickly
L: Hi, what's up?
It's weird because we never really text each, only occasionally.
R: Can we talk?
L: Sure. Let's meet at Topanga's in 10
R: Sounds good, bye

i turn my phone off and sigh a little too loudly. This is going to be an awkward meeting. We never really hang out without Farkle or Maya, unless you count projects. I arrange what I'm going to say in my head. Do i like him? No. I don't think so. I don't know what i feel.

I've hated him for as long as i can remember and he returned those feelings. Now he's telling me his feelings have changed? I feel like he doesn't want me, as in me as a whole. Either way, i need answers. I need to know why, and i need to know now.

I get ready and put on my usual outfit. I put on high waisted white washed jeans and a simple tank. I put on my converse and trudged downstairs.

My mom and dad are looking at me weirdly, like I've done something wrong. I walk to the bench and grab my phone where i left it before. My dad looks at me expectantly.

"What?" I ask, bemused. He shakes his head. "You're going on a date with Lucas, aren't you?" He sounds annoyed. I roll my eyes, "yes dad. Any problems?" I ask about to head out the door. He sighs and i open the door.

The wind of New York hit me and I automatically feel refreshed. I still feel nervous and my palms are sweaty, but i look totally normal. Surprisingly. I cringe at the feeling of awkwardness between us, not that it isn't normal. I walk fast, not to be late. Even though I'm really early.

I walk down the streets, totally blocking out the outer world. I don't want to like Lucas. I can't. I don't even know why he likes me. I'm not ugly, but I'm certainly not pretty. He usually goes for people who aren't like me.

I open the door at Topanga's and automatically spot Lucas. He flashes me his usual smirk and I playfully roll my eyes. At least our manner hasn't change.

I walk over to the table and can feel myself sweating from the anxiousness. His green eyes sparkle from the sunlight and I instantly can't take my eyes off of them. There mesmerising colour intrigues me. I look at his eyes like I'm trying to find his deepest secrets within.

"You done staring?" He asks as he gives me a smile teasingly. I shake my head out of thought and tear away from his eyes. "I wasn't staring." I lie. He lets out a laugh like it's funny. "Sure, sure. Whatever let's you sleep at night." He gives me sass. Too can play that game.