Chapter 14

R. I. L. E. Y.

Monday came up and i had never been more excited to be in a 'fake relationship'. Lucas had to spend time with his family so I couldn't hang out with him but i was totally okay with that.

Over the weekend i had become more and more desperate for Lucas. I don't know what the new hunger inside me felt, i had never had a crush on Lucas. Of course we can't tell Maya and Farkle, that'll freak and we'll lose the deal.

I put on a crotchet top and a pair of shorts along with some vans with my bag slung across my shoulders. I don't eat a whole meal for breakfast this morning since I'm eager to get to school.

I see my mom flipping a page of her magazine and sipping her cup of coffee. Auggie was eating cereal and watching tv. His hair was ruffled everywhere and he hadn't changed out of his pjs.

"Morning mom, Auggie." I said before i headed to the door. "Riley!" My mom shouted as i froze. What have i done now? Nothing, i assume. I turn around instinctively. "Yes?" I ask.

"You didn't have breakfast." She simply implies, looking at me like I'm some sort of criminal. "I'm not hungry." Which is partly true. I'm not a big eater so I'll be fine but i really just want to see Lucas.

"Someones eager to get to school." She smiles, losing her scary tone. I just nod, agreeing with her because it is true. My mother knows me better then anyone. She knows why i want to go to school, except this time for the real thing.

I walk to the subway in hope to see Maya or Farkle. I haven't really hung out with them as much anymore. I did, but that was before me and Lucas.

I hop onto the subway and i see a particular blonde sitting at a seat on her phone. I smile lightly, trying not to look ecstatically happy.

I take a seat next to her and she finally looks up from her phone. "Maya! Aren't you happy to see me?" I ask initially. She looks at me and scrunches her eyebrows.

"Says the girl who ditched me and Farkle all weekend. What's going on, Riles?" She asks and i drop the fake smile almost completely.

I don't know how to reply, what should i say? 'Lucas secretly has a crush on me so we sort of made out, anyway what's for lunch?' No, she would kill me.

"I had to spend time with my family." I lie but she knows when I'm lying since i bight the inside of my cheek. It's a huge habbit. Maya's is fiddling with her shirt uncontrollably and Farkle's is pressing his lips together tightly as possible.

"You're lying." Maya's words make me bight the inside of my cheek harder and i wince from the pain. "What? No." I simply say. She shakes her head and lets out a sigh. "Riley i know you were out with Lucas." She says and i already feel the guilt towering.

"So? We were just getting to know each other so we could act better as a couple. Even though i totally absolutely positively hate him" I said the last part so badly, i bet she thinks I'm psychotic.

"Okay, but make sure to tell me at least." She doesn't sound so bothered luckily anymore. "Sorry, i got caught up with time i guess." I say while smiling as me and Maya talk about the most random things ever like old times.

+++

I catch myself skipping to my locker because of how giddy i am. I stop quickly and act like nothing happened even though i know Maya saw. She looks at me like I'm some sort of maniac but I don't blame her.

I open up my locker as Maya leaves to go see Josh or something, it doesn't bother me.

I'm about to get something out of my locker but my eyes see nothing but darkness. Hands are covering my eyes so I can't see so i freeze immediately, that's my first reaction.