Chapter 10

Ok so first of all you guys are incredible and I'm so glad you like this story. I want to say thank you to bellaisqueen  because she is so kind and sweet and you should read her book because it is way better than mine. I LOVE YOU GUYS OK I'M WEIRD I KNOW BUT YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING OK. anyway, back to the story....
///

R. I. L. E. Y.

I feel safer now that Brandon got kicked out. Lucas' friends were being nice to me all of a sudden. I know it's probably out of pity but I don't care.

A few seconds later i feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around causing my brunette locks to fall on my shoulders. I see Charlie, again. He probably saw the whole fight thing.

"Are you okay? I saw what happened at the last moment." He says frantically.

He seems worried. I laugh it off like it was no big deal, "no everything is fine i just nearly got attacked by Brandon." I say.

He looks confused. "Are you sure?" He says. I roll my eyes. I put my hands on his shoulders "Yes I'm fine. Stop worrying about me." I say and he smiles. I hear Lucas do a fake cough. I'm guessing he wants to know what's going on.

"Oh Charlie, let me introduce you to my boyfriend, Lucas." I say as i fumble on the word boyfriend. Charlie takes out his hand but Lucas doesn't shake it. Rude much.

"Um Lucas, this is my friend Charlie." I say. Lucas looks at me with a sharp stare. This jealous boyfriend thing is really buying everyone, including me.

"How do you guys know each other?" Lucas asks. "We're in the same English class." Charlie replies kindly. Lucas doesn't say anything he just stands there. I break the tension.

"Well thank you Charlie for asking me how i was doing," i say and pull him into a hug. It's weird at first but he grabs my waist. We break apart. "Well it was nice to meet you." He says to Lucas. Lucas nods, silent yet calm.

I turn to him. "Thanks." I simply say. "Yeah whatever." He says bluntly and turns around, i raise an eyebrow and face him.

"Okay, tell me what's wrong. Is it something i did? Or said?" I ask. He shakes his head. "I don't think you understood Maya's rules. No cheating." He states. I look at him confused, "I'm not cheating, Charlie's my friend." I state. He rolls his eyes.

"You were upstairs Riley!" He shouts. I shrink back. I hate being yelled at. I don't know why. I guess it's the the fear that I'll break or shatter.

L. U. C. A. S.

"You were upstairs alone with him! Don't act like nothing is going on!" I shout, I don't know what's triggering this anger but it's getting to me. The anger rises up and i finally explode.

"For all i know, is that you probably were being slut! I see how you look at him! Your lying! I know you are! Don't you dare say you have no feeling towards him! Don't you dar-" my yelling causes everyone to stare at me now but some people are too drunk too funtion.

"Stop yelling at me." Riley says quietly yet gentle. For the first time in forever i see her cheeks wet with tears, i see tears rolling down them. I feel guilt in my heart. I feel a stabbing pain.

"Just stop." She says. She doesn't sob or cry loudly like other girls, the tears just roll down naturally and i hear little whimpers. Like she's had practice.

"I just need some time, okay?" She says, wiping the tears off of her cheeks and smiffing. Her voice is shaky and cracked.

I feel the anger go away now. "Okay." Is all i say. I respect her in every way. Right now, i want to scream. I hate being the bad guy.