Chapter 15

I went to go see The Scorch Trials and dayyumn. Those cranks are scary i fell out of my seat at one stage and people were staring at me. I ship Thomas and Teresa and when Brenda came along and kissed him i was screaming at the screen and my friend had to calm me down.
I know, i have serious issues.

It might get little bit hot and heavy at some stage  in this chapter but nothing too serious, I promise.
---

R. I. L. E. Y.

3 weeks went by and all Lucas and I were doing was sneaking around. I've tried to talk to him about what we are exactly. Are we a couple? Friends with benefits? Who knows.

Every Time i try to talk to him about what we are he either runs off or changes the subject. What's his deal? It's almost like he doesn't want to be anything, like he's playing me.

I have to admit that I don't even know what we are. I don't know what i want to be with him. It hurts my head to think of it like it's a big deal. I just need to sort things out.

I have to talk to him, i have to confront him.

I called Lucas and told him to meet me at my house since my parents were gone on a business trip and would be back by Monday night. Auggie's staying with grandma so i have the whole house to myself.

Lucas said he'd be here in 10 so i just put on a pair of denim shorts and a loose crop top. I wasn't in The mood to dress up for no reason like most girls.

I heard the door bell ring and i ran down stairs to answer it as soon as i heard it. I opened it to see a smirking Lucas. He was wearing jeans with a black v-neck. Nothing special, but he did look good.

I gestured him inside and he went into my room and sat on my bed. "You know you could of came through my window." I say because that's how he usually enters. "Nah you're parents aren't here so it's fine." He smiles.

I sit beside him, not too far away but not exactly too close. "Riley?" He says. I meet his eyes. "Why'd you call me here?" He asks. I wanted to tell him something like 'can't a girl just call her boyfriend over?' But i  didn't know if we were an actual couple.

"What are we?" I asked, determined to find out. He doesn't say anything back for a few moments, probably gathering his thoughts. "Haven't we already talked about this?" He asks. I shake my head.

"Every time i try you end up either kissing me or changing the topic." I say, i flash the slightest bit of hurt across my face. Not much though.

"We could be doing that you know." He smirks then comes closer to me. I don't know how to handle these situations so i decide to talk after.

Third•Persons•POV

She lays on her bed as Lucas is nearly on top of her but isn't. He starts kissing her neck, sucking at his best. He kept going and she had to stifle a moan by biting down on her bottom lip.

His hand slipped under her crop top, Touching her bare skin. His hands weren't cold but mild. Her body was intensely hot and she was picking up her heart rate.

Riley didn't want to go far, she wasn't ready. She didn't want to force something she wasn't ready for. She knew he would listen, when she wanted to stop.

Riley's lips were now on Lucas', kissing him hard. They had changed positions and she was now sitting on his lap while he started to suck her neck again.

She probably had hickeys everywhere on her neck. She didn't mind, her parents wouldn't see her. She pressed her lips back on his and started messing up his hair. He slipped his tongue inside her mouth and they were both fighting for dominance.

His hands travelled up her bare skin under her shirt and was going to unclip her bra, even though he had no clue how.

Riley could feel what he was doing and broke away from the make out.

"Lucas..." She murmured and tugged his hand so it wasn't under her shirt anymore. She fixed her hair and got off of him, leaving him tired.

"I know, i know. You're not ready." He said in an understanding voice. "You know I'm not." She says, coming out a bit harsh then expected. "I just thought...." He trailed off and he didn't bother to finish off his sentence. She wouldn't want to either.

"Can we please talk about what we are now?" Riley asked desperately. He doesn't even answer this time, just smashes his lips with her again.

Riley does want to talk now, she wants to know. She pulled back from the kiss and pushed him away.

"Lucas I'm serious!" She said and he lays on her bed. She sighs and lays next to him, leaving no gap In between them. Riley's bed was a single bed so there was just the right amount of space for the two of them.

Riley turned to Lucas who was looking at the ceiling. "Lucas, tell me." She insists. She doesn't know what's going on but can sense something was wrong with him.

"I don't know what we are." He confesses and Riley then tears her gaze off of Lucas then looks at the roof.

"One day we hate each other, them the next we're making out behind our friends backs." He says. Riley bites her lips then answers, "what do you want us to be?" Riley asks him.

Their shoulders are touching and their sides are squishing together because of how little space they have. Neither of them find it bothering.

"All we do is make out, sometimes more." Riley states, not wanting to look at Lucas. "It's like you don't want to commit." Riley confesses for him but doesn't know if it's true.

"Can't we just be what we are now?" He asks, looking at Riley now. "What? You mean you want to be sworn enemies acting as a couple while actually doing the same things we do as acting as a couple with more but behind our friends backs?" She asks looking at him. Their faces were only a few inches apart.

"Riley, you have to understand." He says, sitting up this time not tearing his eyes away from Riley. Something snapped inside of Riley. She was getting mad like she did when Lucas had said something nasty to her.

"I get it. You're using me." She figures. She sits up as well and walks away from Lucas and sits at her bay window.

Lucas follows and sits next to her, trying to grab her hand. She pulls away and looks out the window.

"Riley, I would never use you. I just... Don't want to be pressured." He tried to get her to face him. She looks at him and rolls her eyes

"I'm not pressuring you!" She snaps. He takes back what he said quickly. "Okay, I'm sorry. Can we just be known as friends?" He asks kindly. Riley raised her eyebrows then smirked.

"Sure. But just letting you know, friends don't kiss, hug as often, hold hands. We're friends, nothing more. Only at school and when we're around kids from our school we're a couple." Riley states. She's playing the guy who's trying to play her.

"But-" he starts but Riley points to the window. "Just go." She orders, not harshly but subtly. He presses his lips in a thing lime and climbs out the window.

"See you, princess." He winks like nothing happened and climbs down the fire escape. Riley looks out the window and sees him walking down the road.

"And don't call me that!" She shouts at him without a response. She slams the window shut and sits back on her bed, wanting to forget everything that just happened.

Talk about mixed signals. Ugh.