Chapter 2

Chapter 2 is up! Hope you like it<3
------
R. I. L. E. Y

I got off of the subway as quickly as i could to avoid Maya and Lucas. I ran like crazy and at one stage i heard Maya calling me. Best to ignore it, I thought.

I ran into the school, puffed and caught gasping for air. I squat down a little so i can breathe easier. I then see see Farkle who was about to approach me.

Farkle had gotten over his awkward body image and now is pretty attractive. Puberty did well on him. He even has a girlfriend too. Smackle. They are basically made for each other. Smackle also hit puberty well and became beautiful as ever (even though she was pretty before as well). Smackle and me hang out, but that's occasionally. I'm usually alone or with my family or with Maya & Farkle if I'm lucky.

"Hi Riley." Farkle smiled. I got up from my position and rubbed the excess sweat off of my forehead.

"Hey." I said subtly. He must be wondering why i was patting a few moments ago.

"Are you okay? You seem anxious." Farkle asked. He's probably right. I mean it's only the first week of school. How anxious could I get. I already started the day with my klutzy self.

"I'm fine. Just a rough start that's all." I said calmy. Is he buying this?

"Well if there's any problems just let me know." He said coming in closer for a hug. I didn't resist. Farkle's a good friend. He actually wants to know my problems.

"Do know where Lucas is?" He asked looking around. Ugh again with Lucas? Can't a girl get a break?

"He's coming to school with Maya. I just saw them a few minutes ago." I admitted. He cocked his eyebrow.

"Were you on the subway with them?" He asked. "Yeah." I replied bluntly. He then had a curious face on. "Then why aren't you with them? I mean, don't you usually walk with Maya? Riley, why were you running? It's not like you to ru-" i cut him off before he said anything else. If he finds out I absolutely hate Lucas, he'll never forgive me.

"Okay bye! I've got to go to class." I said quickly and running past him. He didn't run after me though, he just smiled and waved me off.
***

Art

Something I'm not good at.

I take my seat behind a table and wait for the others to come in. I'm really early surprisingly. I used to love school so much until... You know.

I usually wake up late and find that my parents are both gone and Auggie at school. I don't miss much. Maybe 30 minutes or 15 if I'm lucky. Today was one of the days I didn't come late.

Since still nobody came through the door yet, i took out my phone and was about to scroll through instagram.

I went on Maya's account to see if she posted anything. To my surprise, this time it was just a picture of us two. I remember that day.

We were sitting at our favourite spot at the beach and having a picnic. It was great. Just a day with us 2 girls. I remember me falling and Maya having to catch me. We took allot of pictures that day.

I then got off of Instagram and was oblivious to the fact that a few students had come into the classroom.

I scrolled through my camera roll and saw more pictures of Maya and me. So many pictures. Don't even ask me how much because I myself wouldn't know.

I smiled to myself and saw Maya come in and sit next to Farkle. That's weird. She usually sits next to me. I shrug it off and keep smiling at all the photos.