Chapter 26

Hollis POV

Aria and Aaron were arguing about Jeremy hitting on her while we were eating frozen yogurt. I looked at Chace. He was casually eating his yogurt while they debated. I didn't really know what to do, so I just kind of sat there awkwardly. They finally stopped fighting, then told us they were going to leave.

Chace and I finished our yogurt then walked around Central Park. We talked about ourselves. He was from Texas, I was from Michigan. He liked Chinese food, I like Cornbeef sandwiches and Arnold Palmers. We chatted about stuff like that. We walked by a tree that was just blooming pretty petals of a flower. Chace stopped at it, took a flower and placed it behind my ear.

"It compliments your eyes." He said.

I blushed." Thanks."

We kept walking while the sun was setting over manhattan. He grabbed my hand. We walked over a bridge that was covered in moss on the other side.

"Hollis. Can I say something?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said facing him as we looked over the water.

"I really like you. From the moment I met you I thought you were beautiful and then I got to know you and realized you were much more than pretty looks." He leaned in. Closer. My heart skipped a beat. I gulped.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked politely.

Without hesitation I kissed him.

"I take it that was a yes." He laughed as we pulled away.

"Something like that." I winked.

He took me home to my apartment.

"Goodbye chace. I had alot of fun." I said as I gave him a hug.

"I'll text you." He said leaving. I walked in feeling great. I felt like I was walking on air.

Aaron POV

The next day I went to go suprise Aria at rehersal with lunch and some flowers. She was still a bit mad at me and I felt really bad. I walked into the theater and went back to her dressing room. She wasnt there. I went into the dance rehersal space. She wasnt there either. I walked into the front theater and there she was looking stunning and running lines with the woman who was filling in for the role of Sophie's mom. When they were finished, I went up and hugged her from behind, scaring her.

"Ahh! Haha! Hi babe!" She said as I spun her around. We kissed and I set her down.

"I brought you lunch." I said giving her the mocha and the sandwich and soup I got her from Panera.

"You know me too well." She said kissing me on the cheek.

"I also got you these." I said handing her the flowers I got her.

She smiled. "There beautiful, Aaron." We walked back to her dressing room and she put them in a vase and set them on her coffee table she had in her room.

"I love you." I said grabbing her waist and pulling her close.

"I love you." She said kissing me.

Then there was a knock at her door. It was Jeremy.

"Hey.. I thought I'd tell you that they fixed your costume." He said walking in.

I boiled up inside. This douche.

"Oh thanks!" She said.

"Hey Aaron!" He said walking over.

"How are you?" I asked, still holding on to aria.

"Good. You?"

"Fine." I said coldly.

"Look Jeremy.. What you did the other night wasnt cool." I said peeling away from Aria and walking towards him.

"What do you mean?" He asked innocently.

"You hit on her right in front of me when you promised you wouldn't." I said.

"Well she is very pretty.. I couldn't help myself." He said.

"Don't do it again." I ordered.

"It's a free country." He said tensing up.

"Guys.." She said trying to keep the peace.

"Jeremy. Stay away from her. You hear me? Stay away."

"Stop telling me what to do! Even when I knew you at Ithaca, I got tired of you bossing me around." He said walking close to me.

"Stay away or ill make sure you never see her again." I threatened.