The Shocking Truth

A/N: Apologies for my mistake in the 'Fallen Comrades' chapter - Petra isn't dead in this fanfiction and I completely forgot this fact while I was writing Eren's POV so huge thanks to dbecrazy for pointing that out to me.

Previously:

Groaning loudly, I spun around and strode quickly over the the bed. I threw the covers off Eren's body and onto the floor.

What?!

~Levi's POV~

The body on the bed was dreadfully pale. Eren's hands were like grotesque claws and the veins under his almost-transparent skin were pulsing slightly. I sighed loudly and lunged towards the boy, only to be pulled away harshly by a figure behind me.

~Eren's POV~

I can feel it.

Feel him.

Someone outside the cages of my mind is trying to help me. But it appears that it's a rather toilsome task.

"Why can't you save me?!" I beg, screaming. "PLEASE! Help me, it hurts so much!" I'm beginning to feel the burning tears roll down my cheeks again.

Where did all this pain come from? Where is the person who can help me? What is happening outside the confines of my own terrifying thoughts? Why am I trapped here? What about HQ? What about the Titans? Where the fuck is everyone?

Where's Levi?

A million questions are flying through my mind at once, yelling at me in persisting voices.

I am in a black void.

You must be thinking: "Surely there must be something there! Like... a light, or something?"

But you're wrong. There literally nothing here. At all.

It's just an endless, empty black space, where everything hurts.

My limbs all ache and my skin feels prickly because of the terrible burning sensation that's scratching constantly at it. I think I have a headache, but it's impossible to tell anymore; I feel so faint and dizzy.

It's been that way for a while, my mind. Empty, painful and dark. Ever since I fell into that hole a while back. I'd do anything to return to that heaven up there, because it is so calm and comforting...

I hate it here.

Pain

It's like a half-erased memory.

Darkness.

Of the Titan's stomach.

Loneliness.

The acid eating away at my flesh, gnawing through and reaching my bone.

Failure.

Slowly, shakily, I rise to my feet and throw my left arm into the air, the same arm that was bitten off, the same arm that's tingling at the memory.

I open my hand as wide as I can and reach as far up as humanly possible.

Comfort.

Now a light, a white light, is starting to appear above me.

Lightness.

It's so warm... I want it here.