Chapter 6

Bellamy:

Great first I accuse her of something she didn't do and now I might get her killed.

I take a step forward but I can see on Clarke's face she doesn't want me too. Maybe because she doesn't want my help or maybe because the man holding her is cutting her throat.

I run over to the woman who cut Octavia, I think she's their leader.

"Please stop him, they're going to kill her." I say begging her to stop it

"Why should I stop him, you've killed our men. Why can't we kill yours." She replies in a very casual tone.

There's no emotion on her face. But I can feel myself about to cry if she doesn't do anything. I'm desperate now.

"Please, she's our healer and our leader we need her." I say

She still doesn't look convinced, but then she stops looking at me and turns to where the man is.

"Breik em au." The woman says

"Sha Heda." The man holding Clarke nods and releases her.

I run over to hug her. What I didn't expect is that she would hug me back. The way she looks at me, I can tell she forgave me for what I said. I'm about to kiss her when she pulls me back into a hug. For that moment in time, all that he cared about was her. It's like time stopped and they were the only 2 people in the world.

"I got you, your okay" I tell her

I mean she did almost die, I think she's a little shaken up.

Octavia comes over and says.

"Let's go lovebirds, we gotta get back to camp before another one of us gets killed"

I let go of Clarke, "be right back"

I run over to the woman, Heda they call her.  "Thank you" I smile a turn away again.

She didn't say anything else but I saw her nod when I turned.

I run over to Clarke and Octavia. Octavia can't walk, she got cut on her legs. I pick her up and look at Clarke so she knows what I'm thinking. She nods to confirm it and we run back to camp.

Everyone looks so surprised to see us. How long were we gone?

I put Octavia down in the medical tent, Clarke gives her a few stitches here and there and cleans her wound. When she's done I gently wipe the dry blood off her neck. She steps back as soon as I touch her neck. She looks down.

"Clarke it's okay."

Her eyes meet mine and the look she gave me at the grounder camp is gone. She almost looks afraid of me.

I touch her hand slowly and then when she's okay with it. I hold her hand. She lifts her head up so I can clean her neck. I wipe the remaining blood off and whisper in her ear. "You should sleep princess."

Clarke:

I used to recoil at his touch and shiver when he called me princess but now standing there together him holding my hand and whispering in my ear. Something's changed.

Bellamy isn't the person I always thought he was. He may be a total ass half the time but he cares about me. Only now is that starting to show.

While he is still near my ear I whisper "thank you. For saving my life today." I can here him giggle a little, what's so funny about that.

"I'd do it all day any day for you" he says which makes me smile

He pulls away and kisses my cheek. I didn't even step away or move. Which surprised us both.

He smiled and starts walking out of the tent.

I lay down on one of the beds. What is this feeling? I feel like I'm floating on a cloud. I feel happy everywhere like someone has just swooped me off my feet.

"You love him" Octavia says interrupting my thoughts.

I sit up

"what? No I don't" I say

She sits up now. "Yes you do Clarke I can tell even if you can't. But my advice don't let anyone else see okay." She lays back down again. "Couldn't have our too leaders who work well because they don't always get along loving each other now, could we?"

I'm about to talk when she says "go to sleep Clarke, you need it."

I roll over and drift off to sleep.

Bellamy:

Once I am sure Clarke is asleep and won't follow I head out of camp. It's late after noon I should be back before dark.

I head over to the grounders camp. I need to find out why she just let Clark go. And if we can have a truce.

I'm walking for what seems like forever. I miscalculated because I'm not there yet and the sun is setting.

All around me birds are chirping, creating wonderful music. I want to stop and listen but I came for a reason. Has anyone realised I'm gone? If they have where do they think I went?

When I arrive at camp I ask someone to take me to their Heda. I think that's what they called her. They take me to the woman who stopped the man from killing Clarke.

"I am Lexa, their commander." she says

"I'm Bellamy. I came here to ask why you just let Clarke go."

She looks confused.

"Like you said, we've killed your men why can't you kill ours." I say

She stares at me for a second. Looks me up and down and then says

"I spared her life because she is your leader and if we kill her your going to kill more of our men, and that's a tragedy I can't afford."

I can tell by her voice that isn't the only reason. Theres more to it than that. I just don't know what.

"I also came here because the fighting, it can't continue. It needs to stop."

"Are you saying you wan't a truce?" she asks.

I nod.

"Your going to have to bring me your leader and we can discuss it then."

I'm confused, and its written all over my face because Lexa says.

"Clarke"

I nod again.

"I'll bring her to you tomorrow." I say

Lexa nods and turns to walk away.

I turn in the other direction and head home.

--

When I get back to camp I notice no one knew I was gone. Good.

Clarke:

I wake up about 8 hours later. I had another dream that night, but it was different. It wasn't a nightmare, it was about Bellamy.