Chapter 8

Bellamy:

I wake up to an empty bed. Clarke's gone.

I rush outside franticly searching for her. Where is she?

"Clarke!" I yell "Clarke, where are you?"

"Boo"
I turn around and see her standing there. With relief I pull her into a hug.
"Where were you I was so worried."

I pull away, I can see she feels a little guilty. "I didn't mean to make you worried."

She hesitates almost like she's thinking weather or not to tell me where she was.

"I was just down by the river. I'm sorry"
She gives me a weak smile and I can't help but hug her again.

"It's okay. Come on"

I take her to sit on a log near the still warm fire. Now that I know Clarke is okay I can relax. The birds are chirping in the early morning light. There are still a few stars in the sky, the sun is only just rising above the horizon. There's a mist over the mountains and a slight breeze. The air is cool but with Clarke in my arms I feel warm. Her eyes are sparkling as she watches what's left of the fire. She has a slight smile on her face, even though it's a small smile she looks like she's never been happier in her life. She looks beautiful. She's cuddled up to me with the thin sheet wrapped around us. I love her. I love her so much.

A twig snaps behind us, we both turn around franticly in shock. All there is is a small Octavia smiling at us. She looks so young right now, so innocent. How long has she been standing there?

Her eyes are trained on us, her smile big. I smile back. I look down at Clarke who also has a huge smile on her face as she looks up at me, I kiss her on the forehead and Octavia says "ewww". Clarke and I laugh a little.

I signal Octavia to come sit with us by the fire. She comes and stands next to us "your not going to kiss are you?"

Clarke laughs "don't worry I'll make sure he doesn't."

Octavia smiles and sits next to us, she looks into the fire. Clarke winks at me and blows me an air kiss. I just smile at her and hold her tightly. I never want to loose her. Octavia sneaks up next to me and I wrap the make-shift blanket around her too.

Right now with my two girls in my arms safe, I'm the happiest guy in the world. My baby sister who I love dearly in sitting next to me, she's still so young, so innocent she shouldn't have to go through this. And Clarke, the love of my life who i would risk everything for to make sure she's happy is sitting on the other side of me. Clarke is powerful and strong but still young and delicate. Like a rose, she has thorns and definitely could defend herself but as much as she doesn't want to believe it she needs someone, she needs me. To make sure that delicate little rose doesn't die.

"Ahhh" Emily shrieks running towards us.

Octavia, frightened, hides behind me and Clarke. But Clarke stands up and comforts the shocked Emily. She's talking to her quietly in a soothing voice, Clarke can instantly make any situation better. I hear a gasp from behind me, I turn and see Octavia with her hand over her mouth.

"What is it O?"

"Her arm..." She trails off and mumbles something I can't understand. The look of shock in her eyes and her voice how it was shaky I know something's wrong.

I glance over to Emily and look at her right arm. Her whole sleeve is soaked in blood and she has a big gash on her arm.

"They're here!" She yells panicked trying to get free. Clarke holds her but looks to me, frightened. In all the time we have spent on earth, everything we have seen or heard. Not once have I seen that look, that amount of fear in Clarke's eyes. Whatever Emily said must have shaken Clarke up too.

I walk over to Emily and tell Clarke to go sit with Octavia.

"Emily look at me"

She glances up at me and makes eye contact. She has heavy breathing and I can tell her heart rate is right up. Her eyes look to panicked, like they're waiting for something to jump out at her, always on the watch.

"Who's here?"

"Them"

She turns around and faces a huge army of grounders. I don't even have to see Octavia to know she's crying but I'm sure Clarke is comforting her.

There's hundreds, thousands maybe. Waiting for something. Camped just outside of camp, with tents and torches and weapons. They're not attacking.

Yet.