Chapter 29

Stiles walked silently behind Scott when he felt her. Her hand was cold as she intertwined her delicate fingers into his rough ones. A faint smile appeared on his face as he looked over to her as she fell perfectly in sync with his stride. Lydia glanced over and gave a smile of amusement. Stiles squeezed her hand as he started to pick up the pace since he saw Derek and Scott whispering among themselves.

"Don't know...her daughter...my family...What do I do?" I heard Scott mumble faintly, not allowing me to catch everything. I raised an eyebrow and tried to get a little closer. Lydia scooted closer to me and looked up at me. She didn't hear anything.

"You know I would...family...still have a chance...Melony." Derek words dragged out. This time Lydia's head snapped up and she also started to listen intently.

"What you guys talking about?" I asked, startling them. Scott jumped a little and Derek looked over his shoulder quickly.

"Well, we were just talking about how," Derek paused and looked at Scott. Scott glanced at Derek and then sighed.

"I don't think we're going to be able to reach them both," Scott said bluntly. "And I don't know who to go for first."

"Well you're obviously going for Allison because we've been walking for and hour and half in her direction." Lydia snapped as she let go of Stiles' hand.

"Look, it's my family we're talking about here!" Scott said in a hush but harsh tone as he continued to walk, making everyone else follow him.

"And it's my family too," Lydia yelled.

"I know!" Scott finally snapped as he turned around and looked right at her. Lydia looked startled, noticing Scott getting angrier by the second. "Don't you think I know that! The selfish person inside of me wants to just get Allison and Damon and let you worry about your daughter, but I know that's not right. Why do you think I'm struggling so much with this!" Scott yelled as he turned and mumbled to himself, and started to jog away with Derek right behind him. Lydia looked back at Stiles who was looking right at her.

"Lydia he's just tired." Stiles said quickly. "You know he'll do everything in his power to get Melony too."

"Stiles, I don't think I know who he is anymore." Lydia said quietly.

"He's one of your best friends, Lydia. Don't forget he's a human too." Stiles said as he started to walk past her, with an unexplainable look in his eyes. Almost like he was disappointment. Lydia walked silently behind him for a while before she couldn't take it anymore.

"Are you angry at me?" She asked walking faster so she could be beside Stiles.

"Of course not." Stiles said plainly continuing to look out ahead.

"Then what is it? Stiles why are you acting so weird." Lydia said with a worried tone. Stiles didn't answer her. Lydia looked up at Stiles and noticed he was totally zoned out. "Stiles!" Lydia shouted and Stiles turned to her quickly, causing her to stop abruptly.

"What do you want me to say?" Stiles said in more of an annoyance. "That I don't appreciate that you doubt Scott after everything he has done for all of us. That everyone is under appreciating him and I can see that's he's this close," Stiles put his thump and finger which was only centimeters away from each other inches from her face, "from breaking and it's killing me to see him like this. He has this stress on him as if the whole world would fall apart if he doesn't make it right. Well you know what, it's not his job and it seems like everyone thinks it is." Stiles rambled in anger. Lydia stood still and so did Stiles , and just for a second, did Lydia realize this was the first time he had yelled at her with real anger. Lydia opened her mouth, just as the sound of an alphas roar came ringing through the woods.

"Scott," they both said at the same time as they both turned and ran towards the alpha's howl. Within minutes they saw Scott and Derek circling Allison, who was lying down, holding Damon to her chest.

"Allison!" Scott started to shout as he ran to her. Immediately he jumped back, letting out a frustrated huff. "What the hell!" He muttered under his breath as a shock circulated through his body. "Allison," he said again, stepping towards her again and again being shocked. Allison didn't stir.

"Scott," Lydia took a step towards him. "Why isn't she responding?" She asked as she looked towards Allison. Scott looked at her and then at Lydia.

"I don't know. Allison!" He shouted, his eyes starting to glow red from the shocks.

"Scott," Stiles voice rang out. Scott quickly turned to him, feeling heavily. Stiles kicked the mountain ash and a sudden breeze went by. "Good thing I'm human huh?" He gave a weak smile and Scott ran to Allison, cradling her and Damon in his arms. Allison murmured into his chest and Damon grabbed Scotts hand ever so slightly, smiling up at him. Derek shook his head.

"No, somethings not right. It shouldn't be this easy." Scott looked up, but continued to embrace his family. Lydia looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't be a sour wolf Damon, just let us enjoy this little victory." Stiles said as he started to walk towards Scott. And suddenly a cage surrounded the McCall family, trapping them. Scott quickly stood, yanking on the cell bars. Stiles ran to him and yanked as well.

"Scott," Stiles let out. Derek ran to the other side and yanked as well, Lydia right next to him. "What the hell is happening?" Scott looked at Stiles, confusion in his eyes. Suddenly a voice boomed from no where.

"Congratulations Scott, you found your family." It said.

"Kira," Kendra whispered, just kid enough for everyone to hear.

"You got about an hour before these cells go into destruction. Better get out quickly before Melony and Aiden suffer the consequences." Kira voice said in pure anger. Lydia gasped.

"Kira, this isn't the hunger games. What's wrong with you!?" Scott shouted, anger boiling in him.

"Like I said," Kira ignored him, "you got an hour. Good luck!" And with that it went silent.

"Scott," Lydia panicked. Scott looked at his wife and kid and then at Lydia.

"Go," he said. And Lydia shook her head.

"What? No, we need to get you all out." Lydia said.

"You need to go, I'll figure it out. I'll get my family out of here. Derek is here to help me. You need to go find yours!" Scott said quickly. Stiles grabbed onto Lydia and Lydia looked at him. She shook her head but sighed deeply.

"Fine. Let's go." Lydia said as she turned and her and Stiles started to run.

"Lydia!" Scott shouted, and both Stiles and Lydia turned. "We'll meet you guys there. I promise." Scott said with a reassuring voice. Lydia nodded her head and grabbed Stiles' hand before taking off again.