Chapter 8

Lydia phone has been blowing up these last three hours and Lydia has been struggling not answering. Every time she listened to the voice mails her heart broke. He sounded so lost, and confused. Every time she didn't pick up, she knew he was losing hope and she didn't want that because she loves him. He was there for her after everyone started to leave her, he was the only constant thing in her life after everything went downhill and she was so grateful for him. Just as she thought of Aiden, he called again and she didn't have the will power to refuse him anymore.

                "Hello?" Lydia answered her phone, looking around making sure no one could hear her.

                "Lydia, thank God you answered me." Aiden voice came through the opposite end. Lydia smiled her heart pounding. "Where are you? I miss you, I miss Melony, come home, please." Lydia sighed, closing her eyes.

                "I can't. Aiden, I love you, but what you did to me killed me. I can't walk the street because I'm scared someone will see all my scars and bruises even though I'm wearing layers of clothing." Lydia said, her voice starting to shake. "I want you in Melony's life, but at this moment I can't go back to you."

                "Lydia, careful what you say because you know I'll take Melony away from you in a heartbeat." Aiden voice threatened now on the other end. Lydia gasped and blinked rapidly, baffled.

                "You wouldn't dare. She would hate you." Lydia said, hoping it was enough to make him stop. He laughed and Lydia got chills. "Okay, okay," Lydia said quickly. "I'll do whatever you want, just give me a few weeks that's all I ask."

                "Lydia, I want you to..." Aiden began.

                "Aiden, I know more about you than you think so if you even try to do anything against me, I'll end you." Lydia said surprised herself on the strength she got all of a sudden. "That's a promise." She continued.

                "Is this what Jackson would have wanted for Melony? You taking her away from me, is that what he would want?" Aiden said, in a tender voice, almost as if he was choking up. Lydia closed her eyes and thought of Jackson.        

                "Don't bring him up," Lydia said, her voice quivering. "You didn't know him like I did; he would support me like he always did!" Lydia shouted. Then just as quickly Aiden's voice went hard, and she knew she had pushed Aiden too far.

                "Careful whore, if you don't think I'm capable of taking Melony from you, you're dead wrong. You know I know more about you as well, so don't think you have the upper hand murderer." Aiden hate raided from the other side. Lydia breath started to get heavy and she started to freak out.

                "I hate you, I really do hate you!" Lydia screamed as she shut her phone and threw it across the room. Lydia ran out her room and down the stairs. She ran out the front door, running right into Stiles.