Chapter 14

"Melony," Lydia gasped as she just stared at her little girl. Melony dropped to her knees as she looked into Aiden's face, her blue eyes filled with worry.

"Baby," Aiden said as he reached up and stroked Melony's cheek. Melony grabbed his hand and held it to her chest. Then she looked up at Lydia and let a tear out.

"Help him mommy, he's bleeding." She said ever so quietly. Lydia shook her head as she stepped closer to Melony.

"He needs to leave. He knows how to take care of himself. But he needs to leave Melony." Lydia said as she grabbed Melony and looked directly at Aiden. Aiden groaned in pain and just closed his eyes.

"No, help him!" Melony shouted as she shook off her mothers hand and knelt down again. "Help daddy, please." She said, calmness starting to over come her again.

"He's not your dad Melony," Lydia snapped. "And he needs to go." Allison stepped forward and grabbed Lydia by the wrist, whipping her around. Lydia stared right into Allison's eyes as Allison shook her head. "No, if she wants to help her father, she should get it through her head that Aiden isn't her dad." Lydia said as she tried to break free from Allison's grip. Scott had appeared and saw the whole thing, too shocked to do anything until Stiles was thrown. Scott now stood up and looked at Melony. He was surprised to see no pain or emotion.

"I don't care. He raised me like his own. You said that yourself." Melony said, standing and looking at Lydia straight in the eyes. "He loved me like his own. So he is the closest thing I'll ever have to a father. So help him." She said sternly. Lydia shook her head in disbelief and scoffed. Today is the day her daughter decides to talk and it's all backwards.

"Melony, look around. He hurts people," Lydia said pointing down at Aiden who has now sat up and held his nose. "He needs to leave." Melony turned on her heal and walked towards Stiles and Scott.

"No, he does." Melony said as she pointed at Stiles. Stiles raised his hands in surrender and shook his head. And just as quickly Melony turned back around walked quickly to and Aiden, kissing him on the head. "I wanted a break from dad because I knew you were sad and only thought of my happiness. I left for you." Melony said as she sat down into Aidens lap. "But I want to go home now. I want to be a family again." She said as she buried her face into Aiden's chest. Aiden hugged her tight as he looked up at Lydia and smirked. Lydia looked around, confused. She must be dreaming. This isn't happening, this can't be happening she thought to herself.

"Melony, you don't understand what's happening. Aiden isn't a good guy all the time. Your mom can't go back with him." Allison said, warmth and patience growing in her eyes as she stared down Melony. Melony shook her head.

"You know what baby," Aiden suddenly spoke as he started to heal. "I'm going to be fine." He said as he stroked Melony's hair. "You know I always get better quickly. No need to worry." He said adding a small smile. Melony smiled back. "You know, you look just like your dad, except for the hair of course." He said tossing a handful of the strawberry blonde hair. Melony giggled, as if she forgot everything around her. "See you later sweetie." And with that Aiden stood up and faced everyone. "This isn't over. You guys can have Lydia, but Melony will be with me in the end." And with that he started to walk off, leaving an anxious family and little girl behind.

"Aiden," Scott's voice filled the silence. Aiden stopped, but didn't turn around. "You better hope we don't catch you around here again." Scott then turned and went back inside with Allison. Aiden smirked a little and under his breathe whispered,

"Don't worry, you won't." And he completely walked off towards his car. When Lydia heard the engine roar to life and race down the street, she finally looked at Stiles.

"Im sorry, thank...thank you." She said giving a weak smile. Stiles smiled back and there they stood, just staring into each others eyes and smiling at each other.

"I hate you." A small voice said, bringing Lydia back to reality and realizing Melony was still there. Stiles looked at Melony as well in shock.

"Melony," Lydia began but was cut off.

"I'm sorry I hurt your daddy," Stiles began. "But he was going to hurt your mommy and I couldn't let that happen." Stiles said as he got closer to Melony who took a step back. "My goal wasn't to hurt him, but to defend your mom. I didn't want him to touch an inch of her skin, a strand of her hair, even a finger on her clothes." He said as he locked eyes with Lydia. Lydia stood there shocked, her eyes studying Stiles and her mouth opened slightly. "I really care for her." He finished, still not breaking eye contact. Melony just shook her head and ran passed her mom, tears in her eyes.

"Uh, Melony," Lydia called out as she gave a rushed small smile at Stiles and ran in after her. And then there Stiles was alone. He sat down and scratched the back of his head, what is happening to him he thought. What is he getting himself into.

----------------------------------------------
I know Melony is being such a brat right now, but she had only known one guy her whole life that she can actually remember and suddenly there's another man and she just doesn't like the idea. Please don't hate her ha.

Also, Stiles is having trouble interpret Lydia and what is happening to him. What do you think Stiles is starting to realize?