Chapter 27

"Lydia," Stiles groaned as squinted his eyes opened, seeing the strawberry blonde panting, being held against the brunette that he recognized as Kira. "Kira," he said slowly, his vision blurring in and out as he blinked rapidly, trying to focus. "Kira what are you doing?" He moaned as he grabbed his ribs and sat up, watching Lydia thrash against Kira, her face filled with anger and annoyance.

"Hey Stiles," Kira said with a sarcastic tone of voice and a tight smile. "Looks like the new family is together," Kira said, earning a confused look from Stiles as he tried to push himself up fully, but fell back down as he felt his whole upper body give out from underneath him. Stiles cursed under his breath as the aching pain from his ribs started to pulsate through him. That's when he realized a small body frame, curled up in a little ball, the chest slowly rising up and down, just a few feet from him.

"Melony," he gulped under his breath, crawling towards the figure which he was hoping he had mistaken. Stiles turned the body slowly, his breath hitched. "What did you do?" Stiles shouted in frustration. He held his hands up, not knowing what to do with them, scanning Melony up and down, shocked. Stiles looked up at Lydia, his eyes burning into hers as Lydia was still thrashing violently.

"Kira let me go!" Lydia shouted as she felt a sudden sense of confidence rising in her. Lydia turned her head towards Kira, softening her eyes. "Please." She said quietly. Kira's eyebrows arched, her eyes filled with suspicion, looking around slowly, watching Stiles's every movement. And just as Lydia felt Kira's grip start to loosen, Kira eyes turned cold and she yanked her back. Lydia gasped as she hit the ground and then suddenly felt a big amount of weight holding her down, more than Kira ever could weigh. "What the hell!?" Lydia shouted as she thrusted her hips from underneath, trying to throw Kira off. Stiles was shouting her name in the background, but Lydia didn't pay attention.

"Don't worry," Kira said as she pushed Lydia's hair back. "He's almost here."

"Who are you talking about?!" Lydia wheezed out. Kira laughed a mischievous laugh as she takes Lydia up with her and faced Stiles again. Just then Lydia heard a growl coming from the trees surrounding them and Kira looked almost pleadingly to the woods. But both Kira and Lydia saw the last person either one ever expected to emerge, Aiden.

"I think you should let go of her," Aiden growled, taking another step forward. Stiles crawled closer to Melony, hiding the little body from Aiden's view, as if Melony was the one who needed to be afraid of Aiden. Then, Lydia felt Kira hold her tighter and she whimpered a little because Kira had been pressing on an old but still tender bruise.

"What are you doing here?" Kira said in confusion as she started to slowly walk backwards. Aiden smirked.

"Did you really think I wasn't keeping tabs on my kid?" Aiden said as he looked over past Stiles, his eyes narrowing more as he saw how pale the little figure was. "You didn't think I would find you?" Aiden snapped as he looked back at Kira. Kira took a bigger step back, causing Lydia to stumble more.

"I-I- I thought-" Kira stumbled with her words as she started to slowly process everything.

"What? That Scott was going to be the one coming out these woods? That you could see him again?" Aiden laughed. "How pathetic." He mocked Kira. Kira eyes glowed up, her grip getting tighter and tighter by the second. Lydia started to choke, and she started to thrash against Kira more violently as her air way started to close.

"Kira stop!" Stiles shouted as he gathered enough energy to pull himself up, but Kira didn't listen. "Stop!" Stiles shouted even louder as he ran full speed towards Kira and Lydia, knocking them both down. Lydia rolled away from Kira's grip and Stiles fought against Kira as he tried to restrain her. Lydia groaned as she pushed herself up, her vision blurring.