Chapter 9

"OOF," Stiles said as he reached his hands out to balance himself. Then he saw Lydia, her face pale and full of panic, sweat started to form on her forehead.

"I'm sorry." Lydia mumbled, wiping the sweat away from her face. Wiping a tear away along with it.

"Lydia what's wrong?" Stiles said, caressing her cheek, not even thinking, it was more of an instinct. Lydia put her hand over her thumb and looked up into his eyes and finally just broke down, biting herself into him. Stiles mumbled to her that it was okay, that he was there and everything would be okay as he led her to her room and sat down with her

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just couldn't help it. I called him and it wasn't anything like I imagined. He started to call me names and he threatened to take Melony and I just lost it. I'm sorry!" Lydia said between breaths as she tried to get them under control.

"Lydia what are you talking about?" Stiles asked as he looked around and grabbed makeup remover, handing her the moist tissue. Lydia sighed and took her makeup off thinking of a way to explain everything to Stiles. She suddenly felt a hard stare on her as she wiped the last bit of makeup off. She looked over at Stiles whose eyes were wide. Lydia looked around, finding herself in a mirror and realized the bruises she had been hiding were revealed. Lydia gasped and faced Stiles.

"Stiles I..." Lydia began. Stiles reached out to her and grabbed her face a bit too harshly, studying her.

"Lydia what the hell?" He practically shouted. Lydia squirmed under his grip, but Stiles wouldn't loosen up. And the more Lydia squirmed the harder Stiles grip tightened, or that's how it felt.

"Stiles let go of me," Lydia said quietly but harshly. Lydia didn't want to get anybody's attention, especially not Melony's since she has already seen enough. Stiles, filled with rage didn't hear her however. "Stiles stop!" Lydia finally shouted with all her might. That's when the strawberry blonde ponytail came into Stiles and Lydia's view. Stiles immediately backed away and stared at Lydia who had a confused and hurt look in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I...I have to go." Stiles said as he turned and headed towards the door, passing and avoiding eye contact with the little girl. Stiles ran his hands through his hair as he felt the cold breeze hit him as he walked out the back door. What had he done, he thought to himself. What was wrong with him? Stiles shook his head and walked into the back house, Malia asleep. He laid down next to her and stared at the ceiling, thinking.

Lydia held on to Melony who had ran to her mother immediately after Stiles walked out. Melony stroked her mothers hair with her free hand for the other was holding a teddy bear. Lydia also stroked Melony's hair and kissed her forehead, thinking about Stiles behavior.