15:I'm Sorry and Thank You

Start from the beginning

A smile grew on her face seeing such bonds Rin has made. Rin and Ayana had always been alone. But alone together. But then she left. She left him on his own. And Rin was capable of gaining friends all on his own. Even though Rin is a very idiotic, childish and goofy guy, he found people who saw his good qualities like Ayana did.

And Ayana was happy about that.

***flashback***

"Ayanaaaa" little nine year old Rin whined as he walked towards a child version of Ayana at the park.

She turned around and saw Rin walking towards her with bandages on his cheeks, hands and knees. Ayana frowned at this sight.

"... What happened?" Ayana asked with a sad tone in her voice.

"A kid in my class kept on calling me a demon! So I taught him a lesson!"

"Rin. Didn't we agree that you wouldn't hurt anyone anymore?"

"I know but... He deserved it!"

Ayana sighed and closed her eyes, then looked back at Rin. "Come on, just ignore them! Even though they may call you a demon, you know and I know you're not! Father Fujimoto and Yukio know that too! We will all be with you! That's all that matters right?"

Rin stayed silent for a bit, and his eyes saddened. then he murmured "yeah"

"What's wrong?" Ayana asked

"Ayana... Do you think we'll ever find any friends that will accept us?"

"Huh?"

"Like, what if everyone in the whole world thinks of us as demons? And there's no one else on our side?"

"... Well... I think there must be someone who's on our side!... And if there isn't... We'll always have each other!" Ayana smiled at Rin.

He just stared at her a bit with his mouth slightly open. Then a smile grew on his face and Rin gave Ayana a toothy grin

"Yeah! We'll always have each other!"

***end of Flashback***

Those words echoed through Ayana's mind

"We'll always have each other!"

Her eyes saddened, and she lightly bit her lip. Ayana had left Rin all on his own for so many years. Rin couldn't even remember he used to have a friend this whole time until now. He must have thought he'd always be by himself.

Rin and Bon had calmed down a bit and Rin then looked at Ayana.

"Huh? Ayana?" He questioned

Everyone looked at Ayana and saw her sad expression and her eyes were glistening like she was about to cry.

Rin and Bon then exchanged looks and then Rin slightly walked a bit closer to Ayana and said

"H-hey Ayana?"

"Huh?" Ayana snapped out of her thoughts and looked up at Rin, who had a concerned look on his face. She realized she had tears just at the corners of her eyes, so she quickly wiped them away. Then she said

"Oh sorry about that. I was just thinking..."

"About what?" Rin asked

She stayed silent for a bit, then she said"... I left you alone for so long right, Rin?"

Everyone had confused expressions, but Rin had a shocked one.

Ayana shakily continued "and for that... I'm sorry..."