Chapter Seven - Edited

Mason's P.O.V
I was at work when Justin finally decided to get in touch with me the next day. Luckily, it wasn't a particularly busy day so when I felt the vibration in my apron pocket, I slipped it out, quickly unlocked it and read what he had to say.

He instantly sent another message afterwards

I was annoyed, and more upset than I cared to admit

I was annoyed, and more upset than I cared to admit. I tapped my fingers on the stone counter and felt the annoyance brewing in me increase; giving me enough strive to reply bluntly.

To Justin:
No, I'm working today.

I dropped my phone back into my pocket; as far as I knew, the conversation was over.

I'd served a few more customers, it seemed to be as quiet as ever for a Monday morning but to keep myself busy, I collected the empty cups from the tables.

While I was piling the plates and cups from what must have been the leftovers of a rather large group of people, or one very hungry person, I heard footsteps walking by.

"Make sure you don't drop those, Mason. It'd be a shame if you did." The voice said. Before the person had even finished speaking, I knew it was the voice of my boss. His voice was deep and monotone, it was something you could easily recognise.

He'd only just walked up to me before he was striding off in the other direction. I sighed heavily, sending a glare his way before using my muscles to lift the heaviness of the tray without dropping anything.

Justin's P.O.V
I bounced my left leg up and down as I sat on the couch of my living room. There wasn't a sound in the room besides from the wind coming in through the open window in the kitchen.

My mind was filled with Mason. I felt the need to apologise knowing she was most likely waiting for me to contact her yesterday. I ran a hand through my hair and thought about what to do.