Wounded- Chapter Twenty

Start from the beginning

I waved him over. "Come take a look."

Reluctantly, Allen stood up from his place on my couch and stood next to me, an irritated scowl on his face.

"What? Is it your birthday or something?"

"It's actually in a couple of weeks thanks for caring," I smirked, then pointed to the first week of my career. "Do you remember what happened this day?"

Allen rolled his eyes with a huff. And he wonders why I'm firing him.

"No, but I bet you're going to tell me."

"You and the label decided that I shouldn't tell the crazies about Ayah. And since I was under contract, and you both thought that it was best for my career, so I went along with it."

          "Wasn't it?" He stupidly asked. I swear he makes me want to slap him right across his face.

          "Obviously not!" I exclaimed. "That was one of the things that messed up my marriage."

          "But if we didn't do that, your career would be messed up. Only half the girls will like you if you're married."

         I shook my head and skipped to a month later.

          Allen put a hand on his hip like a freaking diva and smirked at me.

          "And what exactly was wrong with this one? I remember this was a good month."

          "For you," I pointed out. "I was too busy being attacked by my fans at those meet and greets."

          "Who wouldn't love that?!"

         I kept going until I got to the start of Ayah and I's hiatus.

         "Here I was too busy with my hectic schedule to even contact my wife; Another major thing that messed us up. We didn't speak for over a month."

          By now Allen is majorly stressed out, his hand on his head. Well, this is only half of what I feel, buddy.

         "And then when we did talk again, you acted like a complete idiot on the phone."

         "Would you like me to hit on her?"

         "No, I wouldn't, but manners aren't forbidden, Allen. And last but not least, you tried to stop me from coming here, and when you couldn't, you came to Riverside to blackmail me into coming back. Oh, and by the way, I investigated your theory about being back to record," I started. Allen visibly paled, but kept his poker face on.

"Turns out that you lied, and I found out certain things about the company."

He went back to his usual arrogant self, smirking and scowling all at once.

"And I'm going to expose them."

"You'll need my help."

This time I smirked. "I already have help."

"Whoever the person is that's helping you, they don't know what I do about this label; things that will bury them."

"So...you're blackmailing me...again?"

Allen let out a evil laugh and went to finish his sandwich.

"I'm trying to help you. You may not be my client anymore, but we're still friends."