Chapter VI

Well, I just decided I'm not gonna do a Pernico story because I got one yes and three no's. But this is the last chapter, I hope you like it! ( ^ω^ )
BUT ALSO I UPDATED CHAPTER IV SO THAT YOU GET ANNABETH'S ACTUAL DEATH SCENE AND SO PLEASEEE READ IT AND GIVE ME FEEDBACK BECAUSE IVE NEVER REALLY WRITTEN A DEATH SCENE BEFORE AND I NEED TO KNOW IF IT WAS GOOD.
______________________

"In exchange for what?" Nico asked.

"Tell me Nico-- swear on the River Styx-- what happened to Annabeth, because I know you know. Is she alive, or..." His voice cracked.

Nico closed his eyes for a moment. Percy wasn't sure if he was trying to find the answer or how to word it.

"Percy..." Nico said quietly. "She's..." He took a deep breath, like he was struggling internally. Unbeknownst to Percy, the younger boy was trying to find the courage to break the news. Nico just wasn't sure if he would be able to do it.

"Annabeth's alive, but I don't know for how much longer. I couldn't last for over a day or two before dehydration hit me and I wasn't able to fight. She'll have it a bit easier because I'm a child of Hades so monsters were naturally drawn to me and stuff, but..."

Percy's eyes shimmered and seemed to lighten up in hue just a tiny bit. Nico hadn't noticed the floor had been shaking slightly this whole time until it now stopped. But his stomach hurt slightly, and there was a bitter taste in his mouth from the lie he told.

"There's still hope..." Percy whispered to himself in shock.

"Now, you have to come with me so we can get you cleaned up, okay?" Nico said gently. "And you need to put the sword down."

Percy stared at the object in his hand like he had never seen it before in his life. The sword glittered dully.

"Yeah..." Percy said before pulling out the cap of the pen from somewhere and tapping it to the tip of the sword. It became a ballpoint pen, which he shoved in his pocket.

"Here, let me help you up..." said Nico as he grabbed Percy's wrist (as to avoid his injured hands).

"Your fingers are cold..." Percy murmured as he stood.

"And you're overly hot. You're not sick, are you?"

"Don't think so..."

"Hmph. But let's go get you fixed up."

They made their way out into the hallway, Nico guiding Percy. The older boy paused for a moment outside Annabeth's room, and Nico gently tugged at his arm.

There were still small puddles of water throughout the ship. The storm outside seemed to have died down almost completely, though.

Looks like Leo might get a chance to take some time off piloting, then... Nico thought absentmindedly.

Once the boys reached the infirmary, Nico started rummaging around for some bandages. Percy just sat dazedly on a cot.

Nico finally emerged triumphantly from a cabinet with a roll of bandages a few moments later.

"Honestly, Percy..." he admonished as he sat down next to the older demigod. "What did you do, smash a bunch of picture frames with your bare hands?"

"I don't even know. Probably," Percy admitted as he allowed the child of Hades to start wrapping a bandage around his right hand. "I was sort of... I dunno. I didn't even know what I was doing."

"Listen... I'm sorry for the way I treated you earlier," Nico mumbled as he tore the bandage of the roll. "I... I'm not the best at handling my emotions. I just decided to take them out on you for some reason."