Chapter III

I tried to add in more detail than I usually do because I realized I don't usual do a good job describing things (thanks to whoever pointed that out to me!(≧∇≦)), so once you're done reading this part could you tell me what you think? I'm trying to improve my writing in any and every way possible, so it helps whenever anyone points things like that out! ✌🏼️💕

Anyway, back to the story!

Also, I just want to point out in advance, I decided let's just pretend the Argo II has an extra cabin/guest room, because I feel bad for Nico not having somewhere to himself. So yeah... Let's just say they've all already decided that extra room would be his prior to the events of this.

~Octavia 😋
_________________________

As the group of demigods settled onto the Argo II, the sea was crashing in dark stormy waves that matched the color of the pouring rain and roaring wind. You could look out into the wet haze outside and not be able to see fifteen feet in front of you.

How Leo could possibly be piloting the ship through this weather, no one knew. He hadn't left the captain's deck at all, although maybe he just wanted to be alone to grieve...

Percy had collapsed on the floor in the meeting room, having exhausted all his energy. Most likely, he had unconsciously summoned in the near-hurricane outside. Everyone at least knew that he was the thing that caused all the water pipes to burst.

Most everyone else was also in the meeting room of the Argo. Jason was comforting Piper in one corner. They were both crying a little, although soon Piper had heavy tears running down her face that she couldn't stop. Wouldn't stop. It almost seemed rude to Annabeth, not to cry for her.

Frank and Hazel were hugging to each other tightly, also crying, as if they had been suddenly reminded just how dangerous this life was. It could end any minute, and they had both been slapped by the sudden realization of that.

Unbeknownst to the rest of the demigods, Leo was also crying, wiping tears out of his eyes as he tried to concentrate on navigating. He knew just how easily it could be him dead next, or one of the others, how none of them were safe.

And Percy was crying, sobbing in a trembling heap on the floor as he thought of Annabeth. His one and only, his soulmate, his other half... And she was gone. So he howled in misery even once his eyes and throat hurt, howled just like the storm outside.

Maybe that's why it was raining outside. Maybe the gods were crying over the loss of such a beautiful, strong,  caring girl too.

~

Surprisingly, it was Nico di Angelo who finally took charge.

He stepped out of his shadowy corner and into the center of the room after about thirty minutes.

"Listen up, people!" he said loudly. Everyone turned around with a start and stared in disbelief at the pale, dark-haired son of Hades.

He lowered his voice back to his usual quiet volume now that he had everyone's attention.

"You all need to get your shit together, okay? Because what happened to Annabeth, that could happen to any one of us, at any time. Really, it's a miracle none of us died sooner. That's why it's important to deal properly."

Nobody had ever heard him swear before, or be this opinionated on anything. Even Percy, who had known Nico since he was ten.

"Like, Percy," Nico said, walking over to the boy in question and nudging the son of Poseidon none too gently with his foot. "You especially. Moping and crying isn't going to bring her back. In fact, you're just making everything harder, on both yourself and everyone else."

Percy looked up, his jet black hair in his face and his expression unreadable.

"You..." he said, looking at Nico. "You can bring her back, can't you?! With your child of Hades crap! You can, I know it!" he said desperately, lunging at the boy.

"Get off me," Nico said as he backed up, seemingly disgusted.

"Here's the thing, Jackson. You always let your heart get in the way of everything. But you need to learn. Weeping over stuff like this Doesn't. Do. Shit. That's the truth. I know you don't like it, and neither do I, but that's how this world works," Nico said harshly.

"Please..." Percy said pleadingly, tears running down his face. "Nico, please... I can't... Bring her back, I'm begging you..."

All Nico said in reply was, "You're ugly when you cry, Jackson."

"I'm going to my cabin. And Hazel, six minutes left," he said, making brief eye contact with his sister, his dark eyes meeting her golden ones.

"Nico-" she started to say, but then he was gone.

"I'm sorry, Frank..." she said apologetically to her boyfriend, squeezing him tightly in an embrace. "Nico's just upset, and I'm going to go deal with him, okay? Don't be mad at him, please."

Frank nodded.

"We understand," Piper said quietly, from her and Jason's corner, her voice still a little shaky and her eyes dark. "Go ahead. We'll help Percy," she said. Jason nodded solemnly in agreement.

"Okay..." Hazel said softly, before quietly slipping out of the room after Nico.

Poor Nico... Poor Annabeth... Hazel thought as she walked down the hall, wiping away some tears of her own.

_______________________

Was that sad enough for ya? xD This is actually the first chapter that made me actually cry writing it... Hopefully I managed to make at least one of you cry, too! 😂😂😭 But I literally wrote all of this at 3 in the morning, and now it's nearly 4 am... I think I should be going.
Sayonara now!

~Octavia