Wounded- Chapter Nineteen

Start from the beginning

          "Who is Mu'adh?" Samra asked me with a toothy grin. Oh no...

         They were definitely snooping around my messages. I ran up to my computer, completely bypassing all the messages and pictures I was sent to turn off my laptop, grab them by their shirts and push then out of my room.

          "That's not fair!" Amna exclaimed. "We weren't done reading the good stuff."

          "What's not fair is that you two snooped around my room!"

          "We just wanted to look at Twitter," Samra replied innocently, her eyes big. She's good...

          "That doesn't mean you can just go on my computer without my permission. My personal business is on there."

          "Oh, we know what's on there," Amna said with a smile. "And you are one...interesting messenger."

          I glared at them. "Why you little..."

          "What's going on here?" Ummi asked as she came up the stairs. And before I could stop them, Amna and Samra went to tell her everything.

Phone call with Ayah: (Ayah's POV)

          "So, that's what happened."

        "Wow."

          I am actually very suprised that they cracked Jamila's password, not so much that she got caught. I was expecting that. Jamila and I are cool and all, but Allah reveals what needs to be revealed. She needs to know that what she's doing is not okay. I should have sat her down and had a talk, I know. But I'm glad it's out in the open.

          "What did your parents and sisters say? Because I'm sure they weren't happy."

         "I actually just got done speaking with them. I'm banned from going anywhere the rest of the summer, and my Abi is going to have a talk with Khalid and Mu'adh's parents. Basically, I'm screwed."

          "You're not screwed."

          She scoffed. "Did you not hear my predicament? My parents are going to have a talk with them! I ruined my future with both of them!"

          "Actually, you ruined it when you started communicating with them."

          "Ayah, I thought you were helping me!" She whined, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I checked the time before replying to her.

          "Jamie, I have to work tomorrow, and coming in sleep walking doesn't exactly scream professional."

          "So, you're hanging up on me?"

          I once again rolled my eyes at her. She can be so dramatic.

"I have work, miss drama queen. I'll call you sometime tomorrow."

          "Okay," She sighed. "Assalamu Alaikum."

          I smiled because I finally got her off the phone. "Wa Alaikum Salaam."