5.

the following day
December 24th

Last night my ears rang and all I could smell was a liquid that sat in bridge of your nose as it tingled with my senses. Then I felt as if something is wrong, which caused my body to break down and go into survival mode and before I know it I asleep.

Yeah that's exactly what happened . My body shut down to stop whatever was happening to it. It did eventually stop, whatever was happening.

I ended up waking up at 3 in the morning to my heart tracker going off the wall. Bad dreams. A very horrible dream. The beeping didn't stop. It was loud. Filling up the room.

A nurse ended up running in with a worried look across her face. I calmed her by simply saying it was a bad dream. She let out one of those sighs of relief that I wish I could let out, but something held me back from doing so.

The nurse looked like one of the girls from a stereo topical movies with her nurse gowns. She looked like she came straight out of hetero-porn. Gross. I watched her check the monitors.

"You blood pressure is pretty low for a 15 year old." She sounded those girls that stand against the lockers with the red suckers in their mouths attempting to be sexy but absolutely failing.

"Yeah. I believe the lack of food and stuff like that causes it to rise. Lets just hope I don't get angry anytime soon." I let a dry laugh escape my mouth. It held no emotion.

"Yeah also if you have frustration, of any kind, relieve it immediately. Or it'll get worse." Is she hinting what something?

"I'm gay so it'll be a little harder to relieve any sexual frustration." And

She's gone.

Thank god.

Mom ended up coming in not to long after with a muffin and one of those Starbucks coffee things. "Hey Harry, how are you doing?"

"I'm not sure, but the lady who was in here said something about my blood pressure being to high." The sarcasm rolled right off my tongue before I could stop it.

Mom shook her head, "Not like that, you know I hate it when you do that. Not physically, mentally. Are you okay?"

"Ma, I think there's something wrong with my mental being. But what physically happened last night, hurt my mental being. I am not okay." I said with no emotion but ment every word.

"What can I do to help?"

"I don't even know what to do myself. How am I-?"

"Ms Anne?" A male walked in the door cutting me off. "May I speak to you outside please?"

Mom sent me a glance. "I'm sure he'll be able to answer your question."

She followed him out the door. I could hear silent mumbles but couldn't make out a word. Before I knew it I could hear moms tears hit the floor. She cried so loud I could feel her body shake through me.

She came in alone but not without turning back and saying she had it. "Harry." She's broke again as she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Mamma you're scaring me." I sat up and pulled her closer.

"So the doctor said you, you've got a curse circulating through you body. And with that curse you've developed anorexia." She took a deep breath as if she weren't finished.

"But Harry the worst part is they can't fix it." She's crying more. I couldn't help but cry as well. "Why? Ma, I don't want to starve. I wanna eat without unexpectedly vomiting on the second bite!"

"Shh Harry your blood pressure." I tried to calm. I tried so hard.

"How do I fix it then ma?"

"Well the doctor strongly suggest you find the other half to your problem. There's someone else going through the exact samething right now, expect their parents isn't as fortunate as I am."

All I got out of that was, I was someones voodoo doll through themselves, and they don't realize their hurting me as much as their hurting themselves.

Knock knock

"Coming!" I could hear footsteps come in my general direction towards the front door. "Who i- oh hey Harry. Come on in." Johanna welcomed me in.

"You must be here to wish Louis a happy birthday." I nodded, "Yeah, 17 is an age I've been aching to reach; might as well congratulate him."

"Why don't you go find him, while I make snacks?"

I nodded as she directed more towards his room. I thanked her and went up stairs then went to the second door on the left.

I knocked on the door a few times setting his present on my hip. "Mom, I sai- oh."

He moved away allowing me inside his humble abode. I looked around adjusting to the unfamiliar surroundings. "What do you want Haz?"

Haz? I like it.

"I brought you a present, I wrapped it m'self." He looked down at it and pulled it into his lap as he sat in his green beanbag chair.

"I heard you were in the hospital today?" I nodded and looked away. "Yeah I don't want to talk about it." Just thinking about having to find the other half stressed me out beyond death.

"Why are you here Harry?" He asked a little too stern for my cup a tea. "It's your bir-"

"No Harry you know what I meant."

"Well, I can't just wish you ha-"

"No. You can't. There's something more to it, and there always will be."

"I disagree," Louis ended up making a sound that can't be described. A sound that they went straight to my heart. A sound wave that was ment to be heard by dolphins. Before I knew it Louis sobbing.

"Lou, I-I didn't mean to upset you. It's your birthday I - I'll leave." I got up a flattened my shirt with my hands.

"Wait! Haz I have a quick question. If you answer it correctly. I want you to stay." It seemed pretty simple really, so I agreed to it.

The question confused me until I wrapped my head around it. "Harry, are these clothes?"

I could of gave him a yes or no answer but when I realized why he had asked it. I kinda, "You honestly think I'd try to change what you wear? Honestly if I had to pick my favorite outfit on you that you already have."

I got up ready to scavenge through his clothes but he stopped me. "Just describe it to me, it might be in the wash and I don't want to make my drawers a mess." I let it slide.

"Okay, I personally like those blue TOMs with your black skinnys, and that one top... eghh The Future is Now, one yeah." Louis face lit up.

"That's my favorite one too. Well, I'm not such a fan of the TOMs anymore but it works."

I ended up sitting back down as We talked for a while and Johanna eventually brought in cookies and tea. We laughed, we bonded. Around 7 Louis decided it was time to open the box.

There in the box was a journal and a digital camera with a few lenses. "H, why did you-?"

"I remember when we were talking that day before brake, and you wanted to find a way to savor the moment. So I thought a photograph could do exactly that. And the journal is for the extra insight on the picture. Oh and the camera is Polaroid so?"

I lifted up the foam holding the camera and journal in place and showed him all the film. "Harry, this is so sweet."

"I wanna see the journal every now and then." He nodded and placed a film in the cam and took a picture of us.

The picture came out just right. He taped it on the back of the cover and wrote happy.

Happy, what a word.
Under used and used incorrectly. Louis wasn't happy.
He was scared, scared he had fallen in love.