Chapter 2 (Pt.2)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

====================================================================================

Sounds of laughter filled the air, two children ran through the field, playing and basking in the sun, feeling it's summer heat. They were inseparable, but when they faced their own lives alone, they were mistreated, encouraged, loved and hated. It was confusing, but it was their own lives.

"You can't bend..."

"You're weak..."

"You're a slave..."

"I hate being like this!"

"I hate being... me"

The sun shone brighter than before, but there was no more pleasant summer heat, the field was bear, and the air was filled with smoke and cries, it was worse than the end of the world, it was the beginning of a horrible one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

==================================================================================================

After three days...

Omi shot her eyes open, she swore she smelled smoke but it was the smell of dusty hay,a dampened cloth layed on top of her forehead. As her eyesight cleared, she saw a wooden ceiling until a nose sniffed her face.

"Agh!" She yelled, she sat up immediately, the creature wailed in response.

"Don't worry," She heard a female giggle,

"These creatures are harmless," A young woman in a pink robe came to the creature and scratched it's ears, then she crouched down to take a better look at the girl.

"You're just a child," She said sympathetically.

" where are your parents?" The young woman pushed on,

"I... um... my... parents are gone,"

Omi just glanced away sadly, folding her hands on her lap, The young woman understood. This poor young girl was homeless and orphaned.

"are you feeling better?How's your head?" She asked, trying to change the subject.

My... head?

Omi placed her hand on her head, It was wrapped and bandaged, her fingers ventured through, feeling pain at the back of her head as she pressed her fingers against her skull. The young woman took Omi's hand away.

"Don't do that, you've suffered from a serious head injury and I don't want you passing out on me,"

Omi was confused, she couldn't remember how it happened. The woman saw her lost expression and sighed as she finally realized that this young girl probably suffered from amnesia, who knows what kind of memories had she lost.

"Do you remember your name?"

Omi shook herself from her own shock.

"Um... my name... is... Omi," She said, rubbing her temple. The young woman nodded in relief, at least she remembers who she is.

"Here, have some water, Omi," The young woman gave her a small canteen of water,

"You must be-" She was interrupted when Omi snatched the canteen from her hands