•22•

Louis POV

He continues to spread down the road as his heart beats rapidly from adrenaline. He has no time to stop and process the pain he's feeling from the hundreds of thorns lodged in his skin. He is focused on his destination.

As he continued to speed through the empty and dark streets he notices a light reflecting off his rear view mirror. He sets his focus from the street on to the mirror for a quick second to try and make out the object. He notices the lights are coming from a car. The car seems to be speeding in the distance.

He is sure it's someone from the palace after him. He presses his foot harder on the gas.

He continues to speed through the empty streets running every light and stop sign he comes across.

Just as he thought things couldn't start to get any worse he notices something in the mirror, red and blue lights fill up the mirror blinding him.

His eyes now focused on the mirror seeing a police car behind him and the palace car behind the cop car. In frustration he lets out a "Ohhhhh....shit!"

His eyes look back to the road in front of him and notices a car in the middle of the road blocking his path.

"FUCCCK!" He yells out as he slams hard on the break. The tires screeching and leaving a trail of smoke as the car does it's best to halt itself.

Louis is able to stop the car just before making impact with the one in front of him. He makes eye contact with the passenger in the car infront of him. It's Liam. He can feel his blood start to boil.

Liam doesn't move. He doesn't make any facial reaction. He just stares at Louis with determination in his eyes. Louis quickly looks up at the rear view mirror and sees the police car coming closer. He knows he doesn't have much time before the police arrive and then it's pretty much game over.

Without spending anymore time trying to think of a plan Louis quickly puts the car in reverse and accelerates backwards. Louis turns his whole body backwards to get a better look of the view behind him. He can see the police car getting closer by the second. Just as he's about the crash with the police, the police car turns to the right to avoid impact.

Louis continues in reverse. He can see the palace car speeding down the road, only a few blocks away. Luckily, Louis notices a sharp alleyway coming up. He has not other option but to take it.

He quickly stomps on the break. His body jerks backwards in the seat. He switches gears again and turns down the alleyway. He spend his way through soggy cardboard boxes and garbage that make up the alley.

The alley looks as if it stretches for a little bit. He knows he doesn't have to long before they eventually catch up with him again. He needs to act fast and get them off his tail for sure.

His destination is still a good distance away. His brain is trying to think of a plan but he's having a hard time getting his mind to concentrate on one when his life is on the line right now.

Car lights fill up his rearview mirror again. He knew it would be a matter of time before they would show up again.

He makes it out of the alleyway and back onto the streets. He recognizes the area a little bit. His mind is a little foggy with appending doom flooding his every thought but it finally clicks.

He knows this are because this streets leads to one of his favorite gay bars. It's only a couple blocks down the road.

He thinks to himself, he knows he can't out run them for long. But he can try to hide.

He speeds down the road and turns a corner. He's able to buy himself a few extra minutes with that diversion. He makes his way closer to the bar. He stops the car, takes the keys out of the ignition and make a sprint for the club. He runs over to the club and sees a line that's wrapped around the building. He makes his way to the door where there is a security guard.