24. The Reasons Why I Need You

Jared's POV

      Love. I told her I loved her a month ago and I basically got a "no you don't because I don't love you." The words weren't as harsh as that of course but they pretty much meant that. I mean, I'd be lying if I said it didn't suck not being told that you are loved but I respect her choice. At least she was honest and wasn't going to say it because I said it.
We only have one month left until we leave for college and I'll be thousands of miles away from her. Okay different thought. Who am I kidding I'll miss her so damn much but since she doesn't love me she's probably okay with it.
"Jared," Emma says interrupting my whoas-me thoughts.
      "Yes sweetheart."
      "Do you want to go to the beach with Evelyn and I?"
      "Is Victor going?"
      "Then no," I say trying to hide the smirk on my face.
       "I guess that bromance is real then," she says winking at me.
       "Yep."
       "I knew you two cousins would-"
       "Okay okay," I say before kissing her. "Let's go."

***

"Perfect weather," Evelyn says right after she finishes putting on her sunscreen.
       "Thanks for sharing," I say sarcastically.
       "What's up in your butt?" Little does she know (or need to know) my reasoning. If only Emma loved me.
"Yeah Mr. Grumpy Pants," Emma says playfully hitting my shoulder.
"Nothing," I say getting up from the towel. "I'm going on a walk."
"Want me to go?"
"I think I'll go by myself this time," I tell Emma. Man I hate saying no to her, but I need to figure things out. Her not loving me is driving me insane.

Emma's POV

         What's Jared's problem? For the last week he's been acting super weird. He was fine before, at least I thought he was.
"I'm sorry Ev, I don't know what's up in his butt," I say standing up. "Let's go walk to the beach."
        "Okay," she says shrugging her shoulders.

***

        Back at the beach house, Jared keeps to himself. Every time I walk in the room he leaves. Every time someone tries to talk to him he leaves.
I catch him alone in our bedroom, and I race inside and close the door.
He looks over at me and then looks back down at his feet. "Hey."
"Hey what's wrong?"
"I don't know if I can do this any longer..."
"What? No, you can't do this to me!"
"Why? It's not like you love me-"
"I do love you Jared," I shout before covering my mouth from the confession I just admitted.
"You're just saying that so I don't leave. I get it, it just sucks."
"Jared, I love you. I just admitted it! I. Love. You," I say walking over to him.
Jared looks back over at me. I take steps closer to him as he stands up. "I love you too. And you don't know how bad I wanted you to love me too."
His words make me smile. Soon I find myself kissing him. He kisses back and wraps his arms around me. I love this guy.

Thank you so much for reading this story! I have one more part before this story ends!