18. Prom (pt. 1)

"You look so cute in that dress," Skylar dishes.
"Thanks sis you look great too."
"Aww thanks," she says spinning in a circle.
"Emma, when Jared sees you, he's gonna get a boner."
"Evelyn!"
"Sorry sorry had to say it."
"Whatever," I say rolling my eyes. Well the end of my senior year really has been fun. I met Jared only about a week ago and he has me more outspoken about life. I should have been this way all along!
"Are we ready," Skylar squeals.
"Yes," Evelyn and I both say in sync. Right as we're about to leave my room Skylar stops.
"We need to take a selfie and post it on Instagram." Evelyn and I both groan but know it's a good idea. I have a feeling this is going to be the best night ever. So far at least.

*****

Where is Jared? He isn't going to be late is he? Oh god! What is happening? You just met the guy! Get a grip Emma! YOU. JUST. MET. HIM.
Then I see him. He looks great. My stomach fills with about a million tiny little butterflies. Wow, he looks perfect.
"How do I look," he asks before giving my lips a quick peck.
"Amazing," I say feeling my eyes bulge out of there sockets.
He laughs. "Ah, even your bug look is adorable."
I playfully push him before I add," Sweetheart."
"Hey that's my line," he says grabbing my hand. I stick my tongue out him and he laughs.
"Victor stop," Evelyn squeaks and is in a giggly fit. I turn my head to see him tickling her and attacking her cheeks with kisses. Sometimes they make you want to barf, others they make you smile. Either one.
"You look nice tonight sweetheart," he says before kissing my cheek.
"Thanks."
"This shade of blue looks really nice on you. It brings out your eyes."
"Thanks cheese ball," I say poking his stomach. He flinches. "Oh my god, are you ticklish?"
"No," he says obviously lying.
"Yes you are," I say poking his stomach once more. He laughs quietly.
"Whatever," he whispers and squeezes my hand before releasing. "Let's go dance babe."
"Babe?"
"What you like sweetheart better?"
"I'm just not used to that word."
"Well you're mine so you should get used to it," he says winking at me.
After we get in to the actual prom area, his grip tightens around my hand.
"So many people don't want lose you," he says laughing at the end.
"Hahaha you won't," I say giving him a light squeeze back.
"Do you wanna dance?"
"I can't dance."
"Sure you can."
"Jared."
"Sweetheart..."
"Ugh fine! Whipe that grin off your face though," I say showing a disgusted look be he and I both know that I am fine with dancing with him. That's the way we work. The way we understand each other. It will always be that way.