Ch 5 - Defiance

Greg's POV: 

Greg was walking through an old house that was way past it's years and really had no reason to even be standing at this point. He didn't feel too sure about it but if Synder said it was okay to stay in then he'd just have to trust in her judgment. It was kind of the only thing that he'd even risk trusting now at this point. He hadn't exactly been in the right state of mind as of late anyone could see that, so he just had to trust in her for now.

The house was on the outskirts of the city much like his old home back in Winnipeg so they shouldn't draw in too much attention. At the most they'd just have to answer for their choice in housing. There had been a for sale sign out in the front lawn but Synder had taken quick care of that. Now they just had to hope that some newly wed couple didn't come strolling by looking for a "project." But Greg wasn't too worried about that, who'd even want to stay in this house was beyond him.

The floors were old and looked like they were going to give, they creaked with the slightest change in pressure that was made on them. There was a broken window in the back that Synder was fixing with a bit of cardboard and some duct tape. The ceiling had scuffs in it and had a brown grim looking substance on it leading Greg to believe whoever lived here last had been a heavy smoker. He didn't even want to risk going down in the basement for fear of going through one of the stairs, he wasn't even particularly okay with walking around the floor because of the creaks that it made.

"How the hell is this place still standing?" Greg asked after he'd been through the whole house two times. "And why would the neighborhood let it get this bad?"

"Humans," Synder said wistfully as she tore off a pantry door to place over the rest of the broken window. "You let everything you build fall to ruin."

"What makes you say that?" Greg asked helping the woman hold the door in place while she began to apply the duct tape.

"The pyramids."

That was all Synder said as she began to do her own walk through of the house without even giving Greg a chance to defend his race. He didn't know how because he knew very little about Egypt and what could've made them give up on the pyramids, but he'd argue with her just for the sake of arguing. Just because he'd grown to trust the Hellhound, didn't mean that he was ready to make this imprisonment easy for her, because that's exactly what this was. She was keeping him against his will and every time he even tried to get away he'd get a beating, which discouraged escape attempts after the second try.

Greg sighed before he walked into what he was going to guess was the living room and sat down right next to the wall where he assumed the floor would be strongest. He watched as Synder scoured the room looking for any kind of crack or opening that she could find and would seal it with duct tape as if he'd be able to escape through a quarter sized hole. He let out a sigh and rubbed his stomach just as it rumbled, he hadn't had a decent sized meal ever since the mansion went up in flames. That was almost two, maybe even three weeks ago, Greg gave up keeping track it was a distraction to him now. All he had time to do was focus on trying not to piss Synder off so he wouldn't die.

Now the tables have turned and he knew that he could hurt her, and she did too, but what she didn't know was that Greg had no idea how to call this new power up at will. He wasn't sure if he could trick her into believing that he did though, she seemed to know when he was lying without even having to look at him. Still, he was getting hungry and it was worth a shot if it meant him getting some food in him. When they were in the woods together Synder had forced Greg to eat maggots, worms, insects, and any kind of animal that she could catch. It had been awful because often times she wouldn't let him make a fire to cook them in--not that he even knew how--all that she'd do was skin the animals and Greg would have to eat them raw.

Feeling sick with the memory Greg finally brought up the subject of food to his captor who only gave him a stern look. "If you're hungry catch one of the mice in here. There's plenty of them." As if to prove a point Synder hit the wall with her boot and Greg heard the scratching noises of dozens, maybe hundreds of mice fleeing from the sound.

"I don't eat meat Synder." Greg said in a tone that said that what he'd just said should be obvious to the woman.

"You want to live then you eat what you can." That was her answer for him whenever Greg told her about his dietary preference. "We're not going outside where we can be seen."

"I said," Greg began in a much sterner voice. The kind that one with power would use if someone lower than they were wasn't doing as they were told. "I don't eat meat."

Synder paused where she was and gave Greg a spiteful look as she threw down whatever it was she was holding and began to walk over to him rather menacingly. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

Greg gulped after seeing Synders normally black eyes go white as they always did whenever she grew angry. But he couldn't show her that she still had control over him, she may be his captor but he was the one with the power to hurt her. Knowing he couldn't back down now Greg got to his feet and looked the Hellhound dead in her eyes and spoke with a clear voice and a high head.

"I'm going out to get something to eat." Greg felt like he wanted to break down and just cower in the corner when he heard an intensely low growl escape from her throat, but he clenched his hands into fists to help him feel more secure. "Try and stop me and I'll make sure that you rot from the inside out."

That's when Greg saw it. It was brief and only the slightest of glimpses, but he saw fear flash across her face at the sound of Greg doing that to her. She didn't know he had no control over it and he was planning on using that to his full advantage. He stood to his full height and glared at the woman slowly raising his hadn up as if to touch her. Much to his personal satisfaction, Synder took a huge step backwards to avoid his touch.

"Good now get out of my way." Greg more or less shoved Synder out of the way before he made his way toward the front door.

"Boy," Synder's harsh voice said making Greg turn back around. "Know that if you try to run away from me. I'll just be done with that fool Logan's plan and kill you on the spot. Remember that before you even begin to contemplate running away."

Greg paused for a moment to make it appear as though he were reconsidering going out but eventually turned to walk out the door anyway. He figured Synder would threaten him about going out, but he didn't think that she'd actually threaten to kill him. As if Greg would even try to run again, he had the Hellhounds mark on his shoulder and according to the hound that had marked him, running was about as useful to him as a parachute filled with rocks was to a skydiver.

With a sigh Greg threw open the front door letting in a chilling breeze that sent a shiver down his spine. Yup we're definitely up north, Greg thought o himself stuffing his hands in his pockets and walking outside. He wondered where in the world everyone else was and if they were having a hard time finding him or not. Those thoughts, however brief they were, were brushed aside once Greg looked up towards the city that was across a body of water.

"What the hell," Greg said walking across the overgrown grass in his yard to look at the city that he knew was definitely not Edmonton. "Why the hell are we in Seattle?"

A/N: Sorry that the chapter is super short! I was tired of this chapter just sitting here for a few weeks and I just wanted to end it. Next chapter will have more of Greg and possibly more of Sixx. I'm conflicted though, do you guys want more of Greg/Sixx or Flannery's crew? Let me know in the comments and I'll try to update by let's say Wednesday next week or the 5 of june. Pic is of Greg