Ch 1 - Stronger

"Move it!" Synder commanded shoving Greg along the hard cobblestone like path that they'd been walking on for the past day and a half. "You keeping moving this slow and we'll never get there."

"I'm sorry-" Greg said almost letting his temper flare up on the woman that stood behind him. "I'm just tired.."

That earned him absolutely no sympathy from the woman who shoved him again only this time Greg couldn't keep himself on his feet. He stumbled forward and tried throwing his arms forward to catch himself but only managed to slow him down, but not quite enough to keep himself from scrapping his face on the stones. He let out a groan of pain as he unintentionally touched his face and felt a sting spread throughout the left half of his face, but he didn't say anything just got himself back on his wobbly legs and kept on walking.

The two of them had been walking for over five days and had just gotten on this unforgiving path a yesterday. Greg had no idea where it would lead them too, he had no idea where on Earth they even were anymore. They were no longer in the Void, that much he knew, but that didn't mean that he had a clue about where they were. He was just glad that they weren't in that dark world any longer because Greg would've gone insane not being able to be within the sun's light for one more day.

He never knew just how much he'd appreciated the light from the sun until it was taken away from him and he was plunged into a world where the only light was a faint red glow from the sky. It was just barely enough to see a few feet in front of him. And at times there wasn't any light at all leaving Greg in total darkness. He didn't like to travel in the void during those times, but Synder woulnd't allow it. Whether Greg wanted to or not she'd grab him by his sweater as if it were a scruff and dragged him out.

Yet despite this, Greg had grown to trust Synder because they'd run into several Devil's much larger than anything Greg had seen before. But Synder had fought with and killed off every single Devil that had tried getting at Greg. He'd wanted to try and help her out from time to time and apparently could do it if he truly tried because a lot of Devils try to avoid him at all cost. But with Synder it was a different story. All of the Devils seem to be exited to go toe to toe with her, yet none of them have been able to put up much of a fight for her.

There was even a time with some strange Devil with four spider legs coming out from it's back with large spear-like ends on them. It was one of the only Devils to have nearly killed Synder, or at least it appeared that way to Greg since he saw her getting impaled several times. But fortunately she'd somehow managed to fight it off and killed it after several more minutes of fighting.

She'd still refused to tell Greg the full reason for her saving him but he wasn't really inclined to ask because she did have quite the temper. He'd once witnessed her tear apart a smaller Devil that showed no interest in fighting, it simply just bumped into her and she completely destroyed it. Greg had wanted to ask her what made her have such an explosive temper but he had a feeling that if he did that she'd turn her anger towards him.

"How much further?" Greg asked turning around to see Synder in her human shape. She wore nothing except for a long brown cloak that looked like it had been put through a shredder making her look too much like a hermit.

"We'll get there when we get there boy." She said shouldering past him giving Greg a view of that wicked looking dagger that she'd used to cripple Cerberus with when she'd rescued him from Logan. "But we'll get there faster if you quit complaining and walk."

"I'm sorry for being human." Greg said shooting the Devil a hard look.

"You're not a human boy," she said looking off into the woods after hearing a twig snap. "And the sooner you accept that, the easier things will be for you."