Chapter One

• Dedicated to one of my best friends, Erin Smith <3

**Okay, so I know I said I was going to take a break from my stories but. I got totally inspired the other day and I'm so completely into this story.

Ohyeah. Like. Comment. Vote etcetera :3**

Btw the sexy boy on the cover is Alex Pettyfer, I just thought everyone and their mother should know. Oh and he plays Charlie. Begin.

 One

     I was only at their house for an hour and I was already panicking. Why is Charlie looking at me like that? He couldn’t possibly know… could he?

Charlie noticed my worried expression, smirked, and shook his head ever so slightly at me.

My heart thumped at an ungodly rate.

God, that smirk was sexy.

I darted my eyes around the room and found Halie’s warm brown eyes. She gave me a warm smile and said, “Why do you look so worried, Shawna?”

“Worried? Me? Never,” I tried to joke.

“What’s got you down buttercup?” Charlie joked.

I turned my nose up at him, “Ew, buttercup? Who even says that anymore?”

Charlie rolled his gorgeous blue eyes, “Obviously the most classy, sophisticated people around.”

I barked a laugh, “You? Classy and sophisticated? HA! Good one.”

“I thought so too,” Halie laughed.

“You don’t have any room to talk Halie. You’re just as much of a whore as Charlie,” I said sarcastically.

“And probably the best wing-man he’ll ever have,” Halie elbowed me.

Halie Harrison was probably the best girl I know, and I’ve known her since I was fourteen, freshman year. She was funny and kind and she loved dogs, where I was more of a cat person. Just by one look in either of our eyes, the other would know just what we were thinking. We could communicate without talking and hate on each other and know we don’t mean it. Halie and I knew each other so well. We were two peas in a pod.

This is why it really sucked that I was completely in love with her brother, Charlie. Well less in love, more in lust. Well… love and lust.

Charlie Harrison… I could go on and on. Charlie had a really square jaw and these intense, crystal blue eyes that left the hearts of girls’ in pieces. He had a medium natural tan, shaggy dirty blonde hair, and a straight nose. He also had this retro cross charm that hung on a black cord around his neck, which just added more to his irresistible charm. And let’s not forget about those perfect, alluring lips.

I loved his lips.

I would love so much more to kiss those lips.

And the fact that Charlie was staring at me all intense, calling me buttercup, and teasing me more than usual… it rocked me to my core. And it gave me butterflies and I wanted nothing more than to kiss those dang lips.

But I couldn’t, because even if Charlie wanted me… he was off limits. I had to respect the bro code, no matter how much I wanted to break it.

Charlie sighed and said, “You guys bore me.”

“We do not bore you,” I stated, because it’s true. Even though he’s eighteen and we’re sixteen, he loves to hang around us. It’s because I’m funny and Charlie and Halie have the best brother/sister relationship ever.

“Well maybe you don’t,” Charlie winked at me.

My heart bucked but I kept my face smooth.

Halie scrunched her face up, “Ew, dude. That’s my best friend you’re talking about!”