"Why do you care so much?"

He tries to struggle out my grasp. I don't allow it.

"I'm curious. Hopeless romantic or whatever."

"If I tell you will you leave me alone?"

"No," I laugh a little, shaking my head.

"Then you're not getting..." I take a gun out of my back pocket and aim at it at his head.

"You may not care about your life but how would Cassandra feel if I dropped your body off at the Wayne Manner's door step piece by piece?"

"Put the gun down. You kill me how do you finish the fear toxin?"

I make a tisking noise, "Notes in this office. Notes in your storage unit. Yes, Cassandra left everything in there." He gives a defeated sigh.

"She won't stay with me." I knew that was all I would get but it doesn't piss me off any less. Something has been nagging on me and I can't push it away,

"Is he dead?"

"He's there. I can feel him slightly." I close my eyes and breathe in a sigh of relief. I lower the gun and move away from him.

"The gun isn't even loaded," I smirk, tying my red hair up into a bun with a hair tie at my wrist. "I was just trying to scare you."

"Bitch," he growls and goes back to the table.

I follow him rolling up my sleeves. I couldn't read every file last night not with Bruce and I attracted at the hip. Not as if I wanted to. I am angry with Jonathan and Scarecrow. Making choices for me without asking. Pretending as though they know best for me. Bringing everything back up from my past was the worst part. I had happy memories of Jonathan that all seemed to be clouded by the idea that he was gone.

The woman that he is talking to isn't the one he loves. Cassandra isn't the woman he loves anymore either. I'm not even sure who she is anymore. She never would have done what she just did to Jonathan. She never would have asked him questions like that. That isn't her way. She never would have tried to hurt him. She never would have hated him as much as she does now.

Maybe that's the problem. Maybe I just hate him now.

We work in silence for hours both of not wishing to speak to one another. Although I would catch those blue eyes looking at me with questioning, I had to ignore it and I had to ignore every inch of myself not to scream at him for even glancing in my direction.

  "You're never guess what happened," Scarecrow and I look up from the chemicals as Edward comes through the back door. When the fuck did they become friends?

"Not now Nigma," Scarecrow groans. Edward looks at me and smiles,

"Who are you?"

"Doesn't matter," Scarecrow responds.

"Danielle Olderner," I carefully put the chemical down and Edward puts out his hand. I want so badly to tell him I know him. I bite my lip to stop more words from flowing out of my mouth.

"Edward Nigma. Are you new? I've never seen you before."

"She works for the White Queen," Scarecrow replies for me. Edward raises his eyebrows not buying that for a second.

"I doubt that. She works with her. The White Queen doesn't have any females working for her..." He gives the sentence only a moment's pause before speaking again, "Anyway back to my problems."

I turn my head so Edward doesn't see me smirking at him. He hasn't changed a bit.

"As you know Naomi and I broke up." He unbuttons his green coat and takes it off, draping it over the couch.