0.2: Centipede

Picture above belongs to their rightful owner(s). I do not claim it as my own work in any shape or form.

"And I ain't never told you that our love would be painless
But I was so in love with you I thought we could make it" - Childish Gambino : Centipede

     2:30am

     After a few moments of emerging from the backstreets , the city became visible . The girl's eyes lit up in awe as she saw all the lights and multiple groups of people walking along the streets. Driving from the airport had taken about half an hour and even though there were things to look at, this might've been the best thing so far. Coming to Atlanta was typical for the girl but each and every time it felt like a new experience. It was a new experience. There was always something different going on whether or not it was in the same location .
   Eventually the two pulled up to their desired location . Before emerging from the car , the driver parked and removed his keys from the engine soon to grab his phone and wallet . The girl grabbed her purse and her drink , assuming that once the car was locked she'd be calling for the liquid . Opening the car doors , the two stepped out . The smaller figure's eyes roamed every inch of the lot, taking in the beauty of the darkness . Glancing , the larger figure half smiled and walked towards the entrance , his stomach growling for the typical meal he craved. When the girl realized he was holding the door open for her she hurriedly walked over and smiled , quickly thanking him and walking over to the counter.

"Do you want anything?" He offered as they approached the register . The taller figure stood behind the smaller, taking in her shape, happy that he could be closer to her. Looking up at him she shook her head and sipped her drink, only to remove the straw from her plump glossy lips .

"No thank you . You already attempted to buy me dinner . I have my own money ." She reassured .

"Psh..the least I can do is pay for you . Plus, you've never had Taco Bell." He laughed, running his right hand through his locs , shaking them ever so lightly .

"You're right but there's no need." She said . Sighing he nodded his head and finally greeted the lady at the register.

"How may I help you ?" The slim girl behind the register questioned , avoiding eye contact with the other girl .

"Can I get a .." He said, ordering his food. The cashier smiled and nodded , and turned around showing off her curves as she got his Dr.Pepper. She was the type to jump at any sight of male attention. She had no trouble in saying she was available. The girl he was with chuckled as she raised her eyebrows and shook her head after multiple attempts of the cashier trying to catch the guy's attention. Did she realize that his eyes didn't roam her temple once? Even though he didn't do anything, the cashier had shifted the girl's mood the slightest bit. She walked away only to find herself sitting at a table towards the entrance of the small joint, slightly agitated . Chuckling , the taller figure glanced back reassurance in his eyes.

   After a few minutes the cashier told him his order would be ready shortly . Abruptly he went over to the girl sitting at a table by the windows and laid his phone and other items on the table.

"I'll be back ." He cooed and headed over towards the back , entering the males bathroom .

   Waiting patiently the girl pulled out her phone and began to text her friend whom she knew was wide awake , wanting to know her girl landed safely .

'Everything's cool, babes . You can relax.' She sent . Just as she did so , the iPhone that wasn't hers began to vibrate . Glancing over she read the message .

'Babe? I miss you. I had fun today. I'll see you tomorrow .' Biting the insides of her lips, she began to chew. Staring out the window she saw her eyes were filling with water . Shaking her head she looked back and reached for the napkin holder that laid on the table and removed the napkins . Blotting at her eyes she sighed and her face became hard . This was typical . She couldn't get mad anymore . Their relationship had no restrictions since the beginning and this visit meant nothing; it felt like it had no meaning . It was just a visit . It didn't mean anything at all and that was ok . It was perfectly fine. They were allowed to invest their time into other people, it wasn't like they were dating or anything. Some type of romance was involved but she was always conflicted on whether or not it was serious. She sniffled and stared down. Almost abruptly he came out of the bathroom, a cheeky smile plastered on his uniquely shaped chocolate face. Her eyes burned into his phone as his eyes burned into her .

  "Baby girl-" He started but she had emerged from the table before he could finish . Her eyes were low and her heart had dropped (if that was even possible since her heart had dropped so many times before).

"Sir , your order is ready." The cashier smirked as she slid the bag towards the edge of the counter . The girl dragged her body over to the counter and grabbed the bag, innocently glaring at the cashier in the process. Turning around , she met the guys chest which was about a foot from her. Swallowing the lump in her throat she outstretched her arm and handed him the bag , a weak smile playing on her face. Licking his lips he grabbed the bag and attempted to speak once again. Brushing past him, the girl pushed open the door and made her way towards the car. Unlocking her phone she began to message her most recent contact.

'How was your flight?'

'Maybe ..maybe this was a bad idea' She sent, ignoring her friend's previous question from before . Quickly, a message appeared.

'Why? What's wrong?What happened now?'

   Locking her phone she sighed, and stared at the car door . She didn't know how to explain what was wrong . She didn't even know where to start yet she knew if she tried, it couldn't be a simple text . This wasn't anything new , it was simple . There was someone else . There is someone else. This however, she couldn't necessarily explain to her friend because her friend would've called it. Her friend didn't know every detail but she would've "known" . She needed to leave him alone . She was too involved (less now a'days)  yet she didn't want to leave him alone as a person ; romantic relations or not. She'd moved on before , so there was no doubt in her mind she couldn't do it again. She didn't move on to another person , she just moved on with her life in general . Overall, she couldn't be pressed forever . She was simply conflicted . Nothing between the two necessarily made sense . There was no them , there was a he and a she. Yet, the thought and a wave of jealousy began to find their way to her.

A/N: I don't know if I'll continue this but if I do, the chapters will be written in fragments.