Xavier laughed. "It's nearly four in the morning." He sat on the opposite side of the limo. I kicked my shoes off and went over to his side. I curled up next to him, my head resting on his lap. Xavier sighed, but didn't tell me to move. Instead he started playing with my hair. I felt myself falling asleep. The next thing I knew I was being carried. I cuddled up next to the warmth. "You smell nice," I managed. I heard a chuckle. Someone laid me on a bed.

"Good night, Juliet," I heard a soft voice murmur and felt the soft lips against my own. I was too tired to open my eyes, but I kissed them back. He pulled away too soon and he sighed. "Truly extraordinary."

I woke up to Laurel shaking me gently. "Good morning, Juliet," she had a coy smile on her face. "You had a busy night."

"What?" I thought back and it started coming back.

"You have a new headline, and you're father is furious. You need to get up, now." Laurel warned as she held a magazine up.

American Debutant abuses Royalty?

There was a picture of Ethan sporting my handprint. I groaned. "Awesome." I got up and realized I was still in my dress from last night. "Help me out of this,"

Laurel did. I threw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and went down stairs. James was waiting for me.

"Juliet," His voice was a quiet angry. The kind where if you start speaking any louder it's going to turn into shouting.

"Yes, James?"

"What is the meaning of what happened last night?" James asked as he threw down a magazine with a similar headline.

I snorted. "You believe him? Fine, believe whatever you want."

"Juliet!" James took a few calming breaths. "My sister has requested me for an audience with the king. I need to know what happened last night."

"It looks like you've already made up your mind."

"Angelica is in fits. You are my daughter, but so is she. I will not choose between the two of you, but I need to know what happened."

"Who chose Ethan for Angelica?"

"Millie, why?"

"She made a bad choice. He doesn't deserve her. He's going to break her heart. Just thought I'd let you know that."

"Juliet, I'm losing what little patience I have left. Explain yourself."

"I shouldn't have to. I shouldn't have to explain that Ethan not only insulted me by trying to make a pass, but twice with Angelica by making a pass at anyone, but her sister of all people, and he voiced another insult to the bunch. I told him to shut his mouth and that he couldn't talk about her that way. I lost my temper and slapped him. I hope it still stings. I won't apologize. Don't ask that of me. Assume everything he told you, except for the slap was reversed. There. Are you happy now?" I stormed off.

Millie was waiting for me outside the parlor. "I will not let my daughter go through what I did. You will stay away from Ethan." She growled at me.

"I don't want to be anywhere near him. Angelica shouldn't either. I don't know what you think is going on, but know this, I have no interest whatsoever in Ethan, unless it involves a baseball bat to his face. I don't think I'm using uncertain terms."

"You are confined to your room until I deem otherwise."

"Really? You're going to try to ground me?"

"You are being escorted there now. Xavier, see to it she doesn't leave her room."