Why?

I awoke to the sky being vaguely concealed by wispy clouds, the car had stopped and Warren was now in the driver seat sleeping, 10k had gone. I crept out the car and quietly closed the door of the truck. I walked down a slope that lead into the woods my ankle was fine now, the Zs which i came across floated about, lost. I took them out silently with my knife. 

i found a tree a few minutes into the woods and placed my jacket down to watch the sun rise. The sun slowly rises into view lighting up the sky with brightly coloured orange hues, which faded into soft pastel colours and into blue. The delicate clouds slowly evaporate leaving the beautiful sky an ombre work of art.

I could leave the group now my ankle was healed. I didn't need anyone to watch my back, I can defend myself. I could leave. I should leave.

But... Something is keeping me from leaving, something feels... right. But i don't know what...

I began walking the opposite direction from the truck. The bare trees stood tall and fierce. They had to be strong to support themselves. They had to be powerful to protect themselves, deep rooted and strong willed, its the way it is. Its the way it has to be. Its the only way to survive.

The autumn leaves below me crunch every step I take although I try to keep noise to a minimum. I get further away from the group. when lurking in the distance catch visual on a tall figure.

I ready my knife slowly approaching. As i get closer i see that there is another two figures dragging someone around. I ran to the nearest tree trying to avoid crunching on the brightly coloured leaves. i could see the figures characteristics i see two men dragging the boy with the cargo trousers.

My eyes widened, once i realised who it was.

10k.

i quietly followed the figures, cautiously watching my back. My heart was pounding out my chest filling my veins with adrenaline. 
10k struggled as the two men trailed him through the wretched woods, they forced him to an old rustic looking house which appears to be abandoned. I ran as fast as i could back to the truck, jumping over fallen tree trunks. my hair whipped ferociously behind me exposing my ears to the cold morning bite.

Warren is awake and alert, throwing her knife into the ground and picking it up. The others begin to stir awake slowly. Warren spoke up "So this is Astrid?"

"10...10k has been taken ... They took him to a .... Through the woods we h-have to h-help him" i breathed hard my legs felt like jelly due to the build of of lactic acid.
Everyone looked worried now, "Where is he?" Doc said frantically frowning his white brows.
"A house, through the woods, we have to go now!"
"Why should we trust her? We haven't even known her for 2 weeks, could be a trap" Murphy moaned.
"Shut up Murphy" Warren shouted with annoyance on her face and concentration in her eyes.
I ran down the slop through the woods breaking twigs below, until finally i came into view with the abandoned house everyone was running behind me i stopped and pointed towards the house "there".
-

-

-
Uh Oh...
Comment and Vote:)