Is true love a Sin? (boyxboy)

“Sin, can you pass me the phone? Carly’s been on my ass about this prom thing and if I don’t ask her tonight, she’ll take Charlie Tighty,” Ross groaned. He scratched at his abs, wishing that they didn’t live in such a blazing hot state.

“Ugh, fine. Just don’t call me when you have an STD and a badge from Whore’s Anonymous,” Sin grunted, tossing his cell phone to Ross. Sin was currently leaning back on his bed, shirtless also, as the temperature had skyrocketed today. It was disgustingly hot and both boys were highly uncomfortable, squirming in the high heat. Their air conditioning unit had broken as a result of the two boys wrestling each other and accidentally shoving it out of the window. Ross smiled lightly at the memory. Hell, that was exactly the way that Ross’s cell had broken. They’d been wrestling in the bathroom and it had fallen out of Ross’s pocket, straight into the toilet. Good times, Ross mused.

“What’s got you so happy?” Sin questioned warily. Ross flipped the phone over in his hands absently. Sin knew from experience that Ross played with whatever was in his hands at the time. It was kind of adorable habit. At least, his that was what his girlfriend probably thought. Ross looked down at Sin’s phone, his grin expanding to show off his white teeth. His blonde hair fell into his face, covering his eyes. They were a warm blend of honey and caramel, making any ladies who happened to look him in the eye melt instantaneously.

“I was just thinking about the time when we were-” Ross began.

“Wrestling in the bathroom? When you broke your phone?” Sin finished. Ross looked up, his velvety eyes meeting Sin’s. He nodded. Sin finished a lot of Ross’s sentences for him. Hell, Sin practically ran Ross’s life. Since he was shy around people, Sin had made sure that when he had hit puberty and became extremely popular, that he took Ross, his best friend of 11 years, with him. He’d come a little ways since then, but he was still very shy. The only reason he had a girlfriend at all was because Sin set him up with her. Neither of them was particularly fond of Carly, but she was a good pastime. The grin fell off of Ross’s face.

“What’s wrong?” Sin inquired. Ross sat on the end of Sin’s bed, throwing his arm over his face. His eyes were hidden in his elbow. He didn’t want Sin to see that he was close to tears, though Sin knew firsthand it didn’t take much for Ross to cry. It was a byproduct of his past and it was something he was deeply ashamed of.

“Carly just keeps pushing for sex, and I just don’t… I just can’t. She’s pretty and all, but it just doesn’t feel right. I just can’t bring myself to want this. God dammit, it’s like I’m defective or something! This is all my fault,” Ross exclaimed. His voice wavered and cracked slightly. He hated when he thought about his past, but it was always pushing at the forefront of his consciousness, daring him to react to it. Sin was the only person in the entire universe who knew what had happened, let alone how it deteriorated Ross.

“Hey,” Sin exclaimed, gently removing Ross’s arm from over his eyes. The second that Ross’s eyes met Sin’s charcoal ones, seeing how they were softening when they reached his, Ross broke down. He let out a sob, the tears he was trying desperately to hold back tumbling over.

“Shhhh, hey, don’t cry,” Sin cooed, reaching forwards to take the trembling Ross into his arms. “I’m sure you guys can talk this out.”

“I-I-I don’t want to,” Ross sobbed pathetically. He buried his face in Sin’s neck, inhaling the earthly smell of his Old Spice. It calmed Ross slightly, just as it always had. Sin wrapped his arms around Ross, squeezing him tightly to his chest. He knew that if he could absorb all of Ross’s pain like a sponge, he would, no doubt about it. This boy had been through too damn much.

“Are you saying that you don’t want to have sex with her ever? You guys have already been dating for two months,” Sin exclaimed, making sure to soften his voice so that Ross wouldn’t be offended.

“I don’t want to date her anymore, Sin! She’s a pain in the ass and I don’t want to talk to her anymore! All she talks about is seducing me and prom. I’d rather be alone for the rest of my life than deal with her for just one more day!” Ross complained. Behind his eyelids, he could see flashes of things- images that he wanted to squash down, images that wouldn’t stay dead. He could still feel the ghost of caresses that had long since stopped touching him. Sin’s arms tightened once more. He reached his hand up to softly stroke Ross’s hair.

“Shhh, Ross, it’s going to be okay. I swear you that you-know-who isn’t here anymore. It’s just me and you.” Sin assured him. Ross hugged him back equally as tight, needing to know that there was someone there for him, someone who wouldn’t hurt him. Then Ross ended the hug, pulling back from Sin so that he could wrap his arms around his legs and lean against the wall. He was getting snot and tears all over Sin and that wasn’t fair to him. Sin tried to ignore how cold he suddenly felt, the space where Ross used to be suddenly feeling that much emptier.

 “What’s going to happen with Carly? What do I tell her?” Ross asked. Sin leaned back against his headboard, dragging his eyes along Ross’s half naked figure as he thought.

“I guess you’ll have to break up with her.” Sin exclaimed with a shrug. Ross winced at the idea, hugging his knees closer. He wished he could just curl up into a ball and disappear, although he knew from experience that that would never happen. The universe wasn’t that merciful. Sin knew by the way that Ross was squeezing his eyes shut and wincing that he didn’t like the idea. When he hugged his knees tighter, his biceps flexed. Ever since Sin had coerced Ross into playing football with him, he’d noticed Ross had gotten extremely fit. He’d watched as his stocky frame had filled out, making him more muscular and thicker. He was now “drool worthy”, as a lot of the girls at school put it.

“I don’t know how,” Ross whispered, looking down at his feet with a frown. How did one break up with the head cheerleader of the school and make it out unscathed? Especially after denying her anything but kissing after dating her for two months?

“Don’t even worry about it, okay? I’ll take care of it for you,” Sin offered. Ross finally looking up, his eyes swirling with unspoken emotions.

“Thanks, but I feel like I have to do it. I started it, I have to end it.” Ross said. Sin neglected to mention the fact that technically he had started up Ross and Carly’s relationship.