chapter 21

The next day, Ross got up at six in the morning, dressed in a nice blue dress shirt and khakis, sprayed some cologne and styled his hair. He looked in the mirror for a long moment. Today was the day he confessed his feelings. This was it. Then he turned to Sin and hopped on the boy’s sleeping figure.

“Wake up jackass!” Ross roared happily. Sin groaned in reply.

“C’mon, rise and shine!” Ross said, pulling the covers away from him. Sin rubbed his eyes and stretch, giving Ross an unrestricted view of the boy’s body. Then he gazed lazily at the clock and his eyes bulged.

“Ross you fuck! The alarm didn’t go off! We’re so fucking late!” Sin screeched. He threw himself out of bed, searching around in his wardrobe for a shirt and shorts as he speedily applied deodorant. When he woke up a little bit, he realized there was an outfit lying on the desk for him, and that Ross was dressed up.

“Ross? What am I forgetting?” Sin frowned, looking around the room as if he might find the answer somewhere.

“I can’t believe you forgot!” Ross groaned. He smacked his hands over his face, pretending he forgot something huge. “Just get dressed in the outfit on the desk. Hurry up, I’ll be waiting in the car!” He announced. Sin hurried and got ready, racing to the car where Ross was idling. Ross wasted no time in speeding off, trying to distract Sin so that he wouldn’t realize he was going in the opposite direction of the school.

“Can you find that playlist we listened to that has all that Sleeping With Sirens and You Me At Six? I can’t find it,” Ross asked. Sin sighed and began looking through Ross’s iPod. Ross had 64 gigabytes and over 6,000 songs, and hundreds of playlists, all of them listed as a bunch of random numbers and letters. No one understood that the numbers were dates that he’d divided, so that if you added the numbers and multiplied them a certain way you’d understand the date that the playlist was made. Clearly Sin didn’t know this either, as he thought the numbers and letters were random, so he was searching for at least fifteen minutes.

“I CAN’T FUCKING FIND IT YOU STUPID SHIT!” Sin screamed in frustration. Every time he had tried to stop looking Ross had yelled at him forcefully, saying he wouldn’t listen to anything else. Sin, not being used to hearing Ross yell at him, had obliged, but had grown more and more frustrated.

“Good,” Ross said as he parked the car. “Because we’ve just gotten here.” Sin looked up, surprised. Ross unbuckled his seatbelt and hopped out. Sin struggled to keep up, unbuckling and running up to Ross, who had a backpack he’d lifted from the car. His surroundings looked vaguely similar, but he couldn’t place exactly where they were. Ross skipped ahead and told him to wait somewhere for a couple minutes. Sin waited as Ross remerged from a building, carrying a large cardboard box. Then he bolted somewhere, leaving Sin to take off after him.

“Dude… this kind of reminds me of Mystic Beach,” Sin declared as they sat down on a stone wall facing the beach. Ross began unloading the cardboard box, much to Sin’s fascination.

“That’s because it is,” Ross muttered. His head was still stuck in the box.

“No fucking way, Ross! What are we doing here!?” Sin squealed excitedly. His grandmother had taken him here before shit had gotten serious in his household. Ross didn’t say anything. He just watched, in awe, as Ross began bringing things from the box and placing them down on the wall beside him. He got a jar of ice cream and two flat white containers. Ross opened the containers to reveal that they were filled with pancakes. Ross opened up the ice cream container and carved out one scoop before placing it on top of one of the pancakes.

“What on earth are you doing?” Sin finally asked, swinging his feet against the stone wall.

“You once told me that you’ve always wanted to find a way to have Mexican food for breakfast, so that was what I got you.” Ross murmured, folding the sides of the pancake so that it resembled a burrito. He lifted it up to Ross, hovering just above his hand.

“Try it,” Ross urged him.

“I’ll try it if you feed it to me,” Sin said, feeling bold. What the birthday boy says, goes, Ross mused. Ross swallowed, sidling up closer to Sin so that their thighs were touching. He lifted the breakfast burrito. Sin’s eyes lifted to Ross’s, maintaining eye contact as he wrapped his lips around the pancake and took a huge bite out of it. Ross felt a familiar hunger inside of him, one that begged him to reach up and grind himself against Sin while claiming his lips. He couldn’t bring himself to look away, though. Just then Sin groaned, making Sin’s eyes widen. Fuck fuck fuck! If Sin didn’t stop now, he would be able to see how turned on Ross was.

“Are these pancakes from-”

“Fluffys? Yes, they are,” Ross answered quickly.

“This is amazing,” Sin breathed. “How come I haven’t thought of this before?” Ross blushed and shrugged indifferently.

“You weren’t looking, I guess,” he mused.

“Here, try,” Sin prodded, making a burrito for Ross and pressing it against his lips lightly. Ross took an eager bite of the concoction, nearly groaning also when he tasted it. This was such a good idea, and it was only the beginning of their day together. They fed each other until they were full, and then Ross produced two pairs of swim trunks from his backpack, along with two towels.

“And now we take advantage of the blistering hot weather and swim!” Ross declared. Sin took his towel, knowing the drill, except an idea formed in his head.

“Ross? Can you hold my towel for me?” Sin asked. “I can’t manage to keep it up and get changed at the same time.”

“Uh, are you sure?” Ross returned, not wanting to sound too eager. Sin just rolled his eyes in response and gestured for Ross to come closer. Ross swallowed and stepped forwards, practically wrapping his arms around Sin’s waist in order to hold the towel up. Sin kept his eyes on Ross’s while he pulled his pants and boxers down, making Ross nearly start drooling. He didn’t look down, but he could see the trail of hair starting around Sin’s waist, his “happy trail”. Ross felt himself getting aroused. Fuck, why was Sin so sexy?

“Hey, I’m done,” Sin exclaimed, making Ross blush profusely. He backed away quickly, realizing that he’d been staring. Ross wrapped the towel around his waist and tried to pull his pants down before remembering he had khakis on that had a zipper, a clasp, and buttons. In his flustered state, he couldn’t manage to get the pants off.

“Fuck,” he cursed for the fifth time in two minutes.

“Here,” Sin said, stepping forwards and pulling Ross’s towel off. He deftly unclasped the khakis and unzipped them, pulling them off so Ross was left in his boxers. Sin was getting so turned on by this small act that he couldn’t speak. His head was now leveled with Ross’s crotch. He wanted nothing more than to dive forwards and taste Ross, to pull down the barrier separating them and to change their relationship permanently, to lick the sweat off of his skin. Ross had the urge to wrap his fingers in Sin’s hair, to draw him closer…

“I, uh, yeah,” Sin grunted. He turned away quickly, leaving Ross to pull up the towel and change into his trunks. While Sin was still turned around he turned and bolted for the ocean, screaming like a banshee. He honestly didn’t want Ross to see his urgent, burning desire for the other boy.

“You bitch fuck!” Sin screamed, tearing off after Ross.