Party With The Devil

This is Party With The Devil by Attila.

-----

I wandered around the campsite. It had been a year since the peace treaty was signed and the Grounders shared the Earth with us. We still had to be careful of remaining Reapers, and the Mountain Men were wiped out... I hope.

Around the fire, some of those from the 100 would tell spooky stories about the Mountain Men who lived and still wander these forests. Some of the 100 get angry with those stories; from what I heard, the 100 were cadged and drained for their blood. There was more to it, we all knew that, but only the adults knew about whatever wasn't shared. It was a touchy subject that you just don't bring up. 'The past is the past' everyone says when you try to bring it up.

I walked into the canteen-like area of our large camp. Workers served already made meals here for everyone. We've come a long way since landing. The canteen area was huge. There were many metal tables spread out throughout the area. There was a table for the council members that was away from everyone. There were tables for those who had new born children. I smiled at the little babies; I'm glad we're now allowed more than one child. Then there was the back rows of the canteen. Those tables were occupied by the 100.

They looked so brave and tough all together, laughing and play fighting. Most families were quiet and civilised; the 100 lived recklessly. They were even allowed weapons! I was only friends with Monty and Jasper. Wick is my cousin; a sarcastic asshole that I love to death. He was dating Raven now.

"Hey shortie" Wick said, leaning his elbow on my shoulder. "Hey Wick" I said. "Going to that party tonight?" he asked. "Nope" I said.

"Why not?" he asked, looking down at me with furrowed eye brows. "I'm an antisocial person" I shrugged. "Yeah, but you're seventeen. You should be making friends" he encouraged. Here we go. He always does this.

"I'm good, thanks" I said, sitting down. Jasper and Monty came over, too, talking about growing drugs here on Earth. "Hey you two" Wick said, and the two best friends looked up in sync.

"Convince this lame ass to come to the party tonight" Wick said with a wink, leaving to go and talk to Raven. I rolled my eyes. "You don't have to go" Monty said. "Uh- yes she does. You're going. End of conversation" Jasper said. I glared at him. "I will drag you there if I have to" he said, stuffing his mouth with chocolate cake. His favourite.

"How about you don't make me go, and I'll give you my chocolate cake for the next month" I said. Jasper looked like he was considering it, then shook his head. "Nope, you're going" he said. I groaned; I really thought that would work.

That night, Jasper and Monty were sitting on my bed. We had been waiting for the party to start, talking and mucking around. We walked through the uneven dirt paths that led to the forest.

"Do you even know where you're going?" I asked. "Of course we do" Jasper said, holding a large crate of alcohol he made. Monty was holding a small technological device. He wouldn't say what it was, though. We got to a large open area where people were standing around in groups and talking. There was two huge fires, illuminating the forests.

Monty set up his device on the base of a cut down tree, and music started playing loudly. People cheered and some started dancing. "Drinks up!" Jasper yelled, earning more cheers. People gathered around as they filled their cups. Monty was talking to a petite pretty girl, while Jasper was dancing drunkenly on with a cup in his hand. I had no idea what to do, thankfully, someone started up a conversation with me.

"Hey, never seen you here" he said. He had brown hair and blue eyes, strong features and a perfect sized body. "Yeah, my friends dragged me along" I said. "Not the party type?" he asked bluntly, taking a sip from his cup. "... Not really" I said, trying to sound cool about it.

"So what do you do?" he asked. "Hunt" I said, earning a surprised look from the guy. "A hunter?" he asked. I nodded again. Hunting was fun; the only time I was allowed a weapon.

"You're one of the 100" I noted. "Yeah" he said bluntly, as if it wasn't that impressive. "Do this often?" I asked, gesturing to the crowds. He shook his head 'no', taking another sip. "I do this often" he said, gesturing to his cup. I laughed a little.

"So who'd you come with?" I asked. "Myself, I don't really like parties. I like the alcohol" he said with a smirk. "Who're your friends?" he asked. "Jasper and Monty" I said. He nodded, "Nice guys" he said, a hand in his pocket with a slight nod.

"I tried to kill Jasper once" he said, looking straight ahead. I looked at him shocked, making him chuckle. "Long story" he said. This guy was kinda freaking me out.

"I'm Murphy, by the way" he said. "I've heard all about you" I said, looking him dead in the eye. He looked scared. I actually hadn't heard anything about this guy; I want to know what he does once he thinks I know all his secrets.

"Great" he said, sounding slightly annoyed, taking another gulp of his drink. "Let me get you a drink" he said, walking off without even hearing my answer. He came back moments later with a cup, handing it to me. "So. Why'd you try and kill one of my best friends?" I asked humorously, trying to get him to open up without feeling hated or judged.. For nearly killing Jasper.

"He was driving everyone crazy" Murphy said. "I get that" I chuckled, earning a toothy grin from him. "Want to dance?" he asked. "Uh.." I said. "Don't know how?" he asked. I nodded. "Don't worry, it's easy" he said, grabbing my hand. He swallowed the rest of his alcohol and I did the same. We threw our cups into the fire.

Murphy and I danced to the music, and it turned out dancing wasn't really that hard. We were randomly handed drinks and we drank them. The more alcohol and time went by, the more touchy I got. Murphy was behind me, his hands on my hips and my back against his chest. His breath was on my neck; giving me goose bumps.

"Want to go somewhere else?" he whispered in my ear. "Please" I said. We went deeper into the forest; him holding my hand and leading me there. It was in the early hours of the morning, and the sky was making it bright enough for us to see; but there was no sun.

We sat on this small hill, overlooking a bunch of forest, fog and a flowing river ages away. "Nice" I said, turning around to Murphy. "I go here when everything gets too much" he shrugged, sitting down. I sat down beside him and heard him breathe out heavily. He moved closer to me, a hand on the ground behind me, leaning in and kissing me.

I kissed him back, and he went down to my neck. I held onto his shirt, balling it in my fists. I felt him smirk against my neck, and then our tops were off as we made out to the sunrise, scenery and aftertaste of alcohol.